Forget long locks, short layered haircuts for women are the coolest style to go for! Whether you choose a sexy bob, a flirty pixie cut, or anything in between (like a pixie bob), short hairstyles are here to stay!
It doesn’t matter if you’re a teen or mature woman, there are plenty of flattering haircuts with layers you can choose from.
If you’re not quite sure where to start with yours, enjoy this broad selection of short layered haircut ideas we have handpicked for you below!
1. Short Layered Bob Haircuts
We can’t think of any better way to start our list than with a dazzling hairstyle. Not only is the bob downright spectacular, but so is the choice of coloring. This is the ideal hairstyle for the unconventional woman who can hardly wait to show her true colors.
2. Flirty Short Layers
A short hairstyle that any woman can rock is this voluminous cut. It is particularly recommended for women over the age of 40, but it looks adorable on younger ladies as well. Flirt in the classiest way possible!
3. Mature Layered Short Haircuts
Raquel Welch, a style icon and source of inspiration for women of all ages, proves just how effective a short haircut with plenty of feathered layers can be in offering a flirty and youthful look.
4. Layered Haircut for Straight Hair
You should definitely take advantage and make the most of short layered bob haircuts like this one, especially if your hair is naturally straight. You won’t have to spend hours on end getting ready to go out as your straight locks will fall perfectly in place on their own!
5. Short to Medium Layered Haircuts
What if you want to get a haircut, but you’re not willing to go that short? Well then, a short to medium cut with layers is in order. The layers go from short to long in the front and can make for a chic, shoulder-length hairstyle.
- This item is not a Tester
- Packaging may vary
- Beauty and personal care product
6. Short Layered Haircuts for Thin Hair
Battling the lifelong struggle of having fine hair? We feel you and got your back too! A short and layered cut is just what you need to bring your thin locks back to life. We also recommend adding some highlights, blonde – or in whatever color you like – as this will create the illusion of thicker hair.
7. Playful Short Haircuts
An actress and singer that’s quite close to our hearts, Mandy Moore never ceases to brighten up our day with a cute look. Some years back now, she used to rock this short hairstyle, and she did so flawlessly. It is an overgrown, long and layered and choppy pixie.
8. Fiery Layered Haircuts
Not afraid to go full out glamorous with short layered haircuts? Then bring on the color! Experiment with red hair and highlights for some extra sass. The longer layers of red are intertwined with shorter ones that are highlighted in different shades of red including copper and burgundy.
9. Short Layered Haircuts for Round Faces
A significant factor you need to take into consideration when choosing your new hairstyle is the shape of your face. For ladies with a round face, we recommend going for an inverted bob. Its face-framing layers will help create a slimming effect and will also draw attention to the features.
Suggested Read: Remarkable Short Haircuts for Round Faces
10. Professional Short Haircuts
Ladies who work for corporations or have jobs with a strict dress code must have a clean-cut and to the point hairstyle. One of the best short layered haircuts to go for in these environments is the slicked down pixie. It’s also a good look for a job interview!
- Provides intense thermal defense up to 428˚F
- High humidity resistance
- 60 hour hold
11. Short Layered Haircuts with Bangs
We love so many parts about this particular Dianna Agron look that it’s hard to pick just one. The choppy bangs and equally dicey haircut are jaw-dropping. Couple this with the blonde hair balayage and you get the icing on the cake and the cherry on top.
12. Cute Short Haircuts for Teens
High school life definitely has its ups and downs, but one of the perks is showing off your new look! Impress all your friends with an adorable short haircut with layers and add some graceful side part bangs to it to complete this incredibly easy hairstyle for school.
13. Feathered Short Haircuts
What if you want to feel like the wind is constantly raking through your hair? What you need, then, is a feathered layers haircut. Like the name suggests, this layering technique helps create a feathery effect. It’s just what a gal with fine hair needs!
14. Effortless Short Haircuts with Layers
If your hair is naturally thick and you usually have to get ready for work or school in record time, then this pixie haircut is one of your best choices! The layers are perfectly trimmed so they will fall in place effortlessly and with minimal input from you.
15. Oval Face Layered Haircuts for Short Hair
We’ve already presented a great short layered haircut for ladies with round faces. Now, it’s time to show one for women with an oval face shape. Essentially, this is a classic bob that was cut inwards to frame the structure of the face. The swept-back bangs are also a nice touch too.
- 50 Peekaboo Highlights Ideas You Will Love
- Brown Hair with Blonde Highlights: 55 Charming Ideas
- 50 Gorgeous Layered Haircuts for Long Hair that You Need to Try
16. Bold Super Short Haircuts
It takes heaps of courage to rock this haircut, but we totally encourage our bold and daring readers to try it out or adapt it to fit their tastes! The overall look is extremely eye-catching, so we will be pointing out its various elements.
First, you have the long top and shaved sides pixie cut. Then, there’s the shaved design. And last but not least, admire the brunette sides and platinum blonde to white long top.
17. Short Layered Haircuts for Thick Hair
We simply adore the masterful shaping of this short haircut! It’s actually a pixie haircut, but with longer bangs in front. This short hair with fringe and layers that were strategically trimmed helps add extra volume to the back, front, and all around, in general.
18. Boho Layered Haircuts
This dreamy pixie cut will surely melt the heart of our indie and boho type readers. It delightfully combines short layers with a fringe, and it will perfectly complement women with small faces. The blunt cunt bangs also help enhance the overall sweet and innocent but daring look.
19. Medium Short Layered Haircuts
This is yet another excellent option for women seeking a haircut between medium and short in length. It is a layered haircut for straight medium length hair that was also enhanced by the copper on brunette ombre dye job.
20. Layered Ombre Bobs
Keeping on this note, let’s talk more about coloring ideas for short layered haircuts. This is an angled bob-shaped short hair cut that was further brought to life by a dark brown to blonde ombre coloring. The caramel transition makes it all the more beautiful!
- Intense ombre effect even on dark bases
- Lightens hair lengths in a stroke, as easy as brushing your hair
- Includes expert brush that allows for easy, customizable ombre looks
21. Pixie Balayage Hairstyles
For a discrete color gradient, we totally recommend looking into balayage options. This pixie, for instance, is one of the best haircuts to try out if you want a bold look made even the more special thanks to its coloring. The roots are a deep charcoal that goes to blend out into silvery layered tips.
22. Short Layered Haircuts for Wavy Hair
Wavy hair is more than generous when it comes to the number of short layered haircuts you can try out with it. Also, thanks to layered cutting and the versatile length, you can reduce the maintenance time to a bare minimum. As long as the shape is well-defined from the beginning, you shouldn’t have any styling problems at all!
23. Layered Haircuts Short and Stacked
Another way to cut down on maintenance is by using the stacked cutting technique. This works great on short to medium short haircuts as well as long ones.
Stacking is a popular method in the bob haircuts category with its layers that start long and end short near the nape. Enjoy that natural volume boost!
24. Spiky Color Blends
For an even bolder take on short layered haircuts, consider blending more than one color – go for two or more! In this pixie example, you can see how various tones from the blonde and red palettes are stunningly melted together for a dynamic look.
25. Layers and Undercuts
We’ve talked all about undercut designs before, but this example hits the nail right on the head! Not only is the top part full of lively layers, but the sleek undercut follows up to beautifully complete the look!
- PLIABLE HOLD - Styling-boosting polymers adds control with definition
- THICKER LOOKING HAIR - Builds texture between hair fibers
- FRIZZ AND HUMIDITY RESISTANT
26. Short Choppy Layered Haircuts
To make the transition from long to short hair all the easier, go for some medium short haircuts first. This shoulder-length cut will make the final short chop easier to achieve. It is also beauty all on its own thanks to the choppy layering and styling and the beautifully done blonde highlights.
27. Short Haircuts with Bangs and Layers
This style of short layered haircuts will look wonderful on anybody, regardless of their face shape! The bangs, as well as the messy styling, make for a huge difference when combined with the layered locks.
Also, while the messiness will be easier to obtain on wavy hair, it works just as well on curly and straight locks too!
28. Layered Afro Ringlets
Women with afro-textured hair can slay a short haircut any time, any day. The fact that their natural hair texture is full of volume makes the maintenance a breeze and we recommend a progressive length for an ultra-cool effect!
29. Braided Hairstyles for Short Layered Hair
Although shorter locks are a bit more limited in terms of styling, there are still plenty of ideas to work and play around with. For example, this small side braid is adorable – you can add more of them or even go for a crown braid – still, this will only be achievable if you have some longer layers!
30. Short Layered Haircuts for Curly Hair
Layers are everything when it comes to adding even more volume to your ringlets. And this stacked bob is one of the coolest short curly hair with lots of layers styles out there! The fact that it also features blonde highlights only helps add more oomph to an already great look!
- 50 Unbelievably Easy Hairstyles for School to Save Time
- Keep Them Looking Lovely: 50 Heartwarming Flower Girl Hairstyles
- 50 Cool Ways to Rock Scene & Emo Hairstyles for Girls
31. Easygoing Layered Haircuts
And we are back to ladies with straight hair for this one. Just like the example from #4, this is an effortless hairstyle for women with naturally straight locks. Make sure you get the layers right and rake your fingers through your hair for extra volume – without any hair products either!
32. Haircuts with Short Layers on Top
This is a picture-perfect pixie haircut with impeccable layering. Although the bangs are long, the layers are kept short and flow amazingly into one another for this splendid look. The white hair color is also amazing!
33. Brown and Blonde Short Hair
This is another look that genuinely impressed us for more than one reason. We’ll start with the coloring – the brown and blonde balayage looks ravishing! Then, we love how the layers in the haircut extend to the choppy bangs, which is another detail that caught our eye.
34. Short Layered Haircuts African American Women
The feathered bob strikes again in yet another charming version. While it is showcased on superb raven locks, this is one of the short bobs that can be adapted for any color or hair texture.
35. Long Hair with Short Layers
We wanted to touch on the idea of long hair with short layers as well, even though we also have an article specially dedicated to it too.
Even waist-length can come to life and gain volume with some alluring layers. Take this photo as just one example of the many and great long layered haircuts with short bangs out there.
- ❤AUTOMATIC CURLING IRON: The latest cordless curling iron, say goodbye to the messy and tangled cable design. Without...
- ❤ANTI-TANGLED DESIGN: Unlike the curl chamber that stuck and even burn your hair, the cordless curling wand adopts the...
- ❤PERSONALIZED TEMPERATURE & TIMER SETTINGS: The automatic hair curler focuses on delivering personalized experience to...
36. Voluminous Pixie Haircuts
Even though they are some of the shortest haircuts out there, pixie cuts are also incredibly versatile. For example, this shot proves that it is easy to add feathered layers and add an abundance of volume – provided the pixie is styled accordingly, that is.
37. Short Layered Haircuts for Young Girls
Layered haircuts are just as useful, pretty, and appropriate for little girls as they are for women. They will make kids look and feel adorable, especially with some short layered haircuts that are also so much easier to maintain.
38. Short Layered Inverted Bob Haircuts
When getting a layered bob, inverted cutting is an essential option to keep in mind as, when combined, the two methods will result in a voluminous, flirty, and chic hairstyle. One that is also so easy to style.
39. Classy Shaved Hairstyles
Whoever said that shaved hairstyles were too far out? In fact, plenty of these kinds of short layered haircuts can be quite classy. Take this photo above, for example, and admire the elegance of side-swept layered locks combined with a shaved side.
40. Very Short Layered Haircuts
If you’re willing to go above and beyond with the shortness of your haircut, choose a blunt or choppy look. Women with small or oval-shaped faces will look radiant with this outgoing hairstyle.
- 3 colors, your style! Create your own rainbow look!
- Spice up your hair with electrifying hair dye colors for mind-blowing vibrancy or look pretty in pastel!
- Create your own color intensity! Mix the got2b color cream with the pastelizer to create your own shade.
41. Pastel Blend Hairstyles
This is a superb dye job that uses the melting technique to combine three pastel shades. The color melts also help accentuate the various layers in the hair as well as its waviness. This latter can be obtained with a curling iron or wand.
42. Short Layered Spiky Haircuts
This haircut is daring and delicate at the same time, and the way you wear it will set the mood. Keep it natural for a delicate look, or add some quality hair products to make it spiky and daring. We also dig the strawberry blonde/copper hair color.
43. Asymmetrical Short Haircuts
Why not step fully outside conventions and the comfort zone with an asymmetrical haircut? We love how this particular cut has just enough asymmetry to make it wearable on a daily basis and yet it still looks spectacular and out of the ordinary. Note the full side bangs as well!
44. Short Blunt Layered Haircuts
Blunt bangs look phenomenal when paired with short layered locks, especially when the fringe is shorter and verging on micro bangs. This is a dreamy hairstyle for the unconventional woman who is not afraid to experiment with her look.
45. Flippy Layered Hairstyles
Want your hair to look brilliant at any angle, regardless of how you flip or part it? Then this is likely the perfect haircut for you. It’s slightly longer than even the other medium cuts on our list, but the perfect layers deserve all the praise!
- 30 Party Hairstyles to Look Fabulous No Matter the Occasion!
- 50 Updo Hairstyles for Weddings and the Perfect ‘I Do’
- 50 Jolly Christmas Hairstyles Fit for All Parties
46. Super Curly Short Hair
Curly hair is, by far, the most generous texture as far as short layered haircuts are concerned. Corkscrew curls will easily fall into place, no matter how short or long their overall length might be.
47. Short Blonde Layered Haircuts
We showcased plenty of blonde hairstyles in this list, but we wanted to specifically offer this color the spotlight. Short layered haircuts are often associated with the hot season, and we all know that blonde is among those timeless hair colors that always invoke summer colors!
48. V-Shaped Layered Short Haircuts
Get even more creative with your haircut by thinking of specific designs. A V-shape, for instance, is ideal if you’re planning on cutting your hair super short. The top part will be voluminous owing to the well-thought-out shape. Just admire this choppy layered hair back view with an almost V-shape.
49. Pastel Rainbow Layered Hairstyles
Carry the rainbow with you wherever you go! This is yet another great way to wear pastel hair if the previous examples weren’t funky enough for you. Add a bit of every color in the rainbow in your layered hairstyle and use the choppy layers to accentuate the hues. It will make for a funky fresh look.
50. Short Shag Hairstyles
We will end our list on a fabulously messy note with an idea of short shag hairstyles. Continue following us on HairMotive, and you’ll see just how much we adore messy hairstyles. After all, this short haircut is just one of the many great shag haircuts out there!
- OUAI WAVE SPRAY. Get beach waves without stepping foot in the ocean. The Wave Spray gives hair the perfect amount of...
- GREAT FOR ALL HAIR TYPES. Created with rice protein instead of sea salt, the Wave Spray is safe for all hair types, even...
- OUAI (or “way”) means yes in that casual, Parisian way. We believe in effortless routines and good for you...
In conclusion, there is an abundance of short layered haircuts out there, and they are so versatile and oh so stylish. They come in all shapes and sizes and are perfect for all personalities.
While you can opt for a sleek and classy cut that grazes your chin, you can just as well go wild with the boldest super short haircut you can think of!
In the end, the best short cut is the one that doubles as a reflection of your personal style. Which one did you go for? Tell us your story in a comment!
- Natural Hairstyles for Black Hair 50 Gorgeous IdeasBlack hair is certainly the favorite of many women because it can be seen that this color gives […]
- 50 Peekaboo Highlights Ideas You Will LovePeekaboo highlights will give you a unique and different style that will make you stand out from the […]
- Brown Hair with Blonde Highlights: 55 Charming IdeasBrown hair with blonde highlights has been one of the cutest hair trends for as far back as […]
- 50 Gorgeous Layered Haircuts for Long Hair that You Need to TryAny time is the best time for a layered haircut. If you’re lucky enough to have a luxuriously […]
- 50 Short Hairstyles for Black Women: Splendid Ideas for You!Black hair is not always the easiest to handle as it can be both a blessing and a […]
- Bring Movement & Flexibility: 50 Haircuts with Bangs for Medium HairGirls, young ladies, and women of all ages love medium haircuts with bangs, and all for very good […]
- Unicorn Hair Without the Salon — You’ll Have a Rainbow Shine All the TimeAnyone who has ever colored their hair knows that it’s always worth the effort, and unicorn hair is […]
Last update on 2021-10-16 at 22:31 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API