It’s almost funny how finding easy updos for medium hair isn’t all that simple at all.
Really, the internet is overflowing with hairstyle ideas, but we weren’t all born with the gift of braiding, twisting, pinning, and hair spraying our way to hairdo perfection.
So what’s a girl gonna do?
We’re happy to say that we have personally hunted for these effective and so easy updos for medium hair that you will absolutely fall in love with! Try out these easy updos for medium hair!
1. Low Bun with Twisted Braids
To get this beautiful low bun, all you need is two hair ties, some bobby pins, hair spray and a bit of patience. The results are well worth it!
2. From Braid to Bun
In just six easy steps, you can transform a small braid into a gorgeous chignon that gently rests on the back of your neck.
3. Double Twisted Braid Bun
Go from pigtails to twisted braids to a lovely bun in a matter of minutes with one of our favorites from our easy updos for medium hair list.
4. Twisting an Updo
Good things come to those who twist! It helps if your hair is naturally wavy or curly for this pretty chignon.
5. French Braid Low Bun
Yet another one of the 9-step easy updos for medium hair involves gradually bringing your hair together into a complete French braid and then twisting left, right, and up.
- Salon Blowout in half the time. Faster drying and salon results
- Charcoal-Infused Bristles are perfect for refreshing 2nd day hair
- 24K Gold styling surface for even heat distribution and consistent results for all hair types
6. Curly, Wavy, & Messy Bun
Curly gals will love this one. All you have to do is tie your hair half up, half down, and twist up and around.
7. The Three-Way Twist
If you’re looking for easy updos for medium hair, this is as simple as it gets. Simply tie your hair in three low ponytails and twist them around.
8. Classic & Classy Low Bun
For this classy and classic hairdo, twist the sides of your hair and bring them into a low ponytail. Wrap it up and close with a bobby pin. Voila!
9. High Bun with Double Braids
Start with the sides of your head, bring the rest of your hair up into a ponytail and then braid that too! Twist around the main braid for a super cute bun.
10. Back Braided Crown
Braid your hair in two, leaving the inner margins loose. Wrap left, wrap right, and the result is a magnificent chignon embraced by a braid.
- Save Time & Save Energy - Equipped with extra-long, 100% tourmaline ceramic plates, MCH smart temperature heat-system...
- For All Hair Types - The 2 in 1 straightener and curling iron have been programmed with 6 digital temperature settings...
- Make Hair Smooth & Silky - BESTOPE 1 inch professional hair iron made with 3D floating plates adjusting to compress your...
11. Longer Ponytail
Are you in for an optical illusion? Get the long ponytail you have always dreamed about by first splitting your hair half up, half down and tying the two parts into separate ponytails. Let the top part fall on the lower one and enjoy your super long pony!
12. Elegantly Curled Bun
You’ll need a curling iron for these kinds of easy updos for medium hair. Follow the nine steps illustrated in the photo above to get a fabulous loose bun fit for a wedding!
13. Braided Bohemian Updo
Boho chic anyone? Braid your hair in four and wrap them all around for a fresh bohemian look.
14. Triple Braid Bun
This is similar to the three-way twist, just that you also braid the mini ponytails before twisting them into buns. Don’t forget your bobby pins!
15. Linked Updo
Start from the top of your head and knot your way down to the base of your neck for a truly unique linked braid.
- Ultimate Guide to the Vixen Sew In: Everything You Need to Know
- Love Your Silver Hair, and Color It Bolder!
- 50 Black Cherry Hair Color Ideas for the Sweet & Sour
16. Afro Faux Hawk
17. Blossoming Bow
We all love hair bows, but you can make yours even more interesting than a traditional one. After you have the bow in place, gently twist the sides until it beautifully blossoms open.
18. Classic Messy Bun
Get a hair tie, bend your neck down, grab all your hair and casually twist it into a bun. That’s all you have to do to get the perfect messy bun.
19. Connected Ponytail
A funky approach to the classic ponytail, this hairstyle involves parting your hair horizontally in three and then adding a hair tie every few inches.
20. Double Side Twists Bun
Part your hair in two and twist both sides together into a cute little double bun.
- Super Negative Ion Technology - Super Ions penetrate into your hairs surface layer and faster ccess to women’s thick...
- Cool shot Cold Air Burst - The cool shot cold air burst provides cold air flow. Long press the cool shot button to get...
- Durable multi-step switch - 2 speed and 3 heating settings. Easy to control for dry hair and make hair style more...
21. Sophisticated Updo
Bring on the hairspray! Spend some time gently pinning your hair up into a loose, classy bun and then use hair spray in abundance to hold it in place.
22. Loose French Braid Bun
Begin with a loose French braid at the top of your head and then add a hair tie for a cool and eye-catching loose bun.
23. French Braid Ponytail
The steps are almost the same for these easy updos for medium hair, just that you wrap your hair in a ponytail at the end instead of a bun.
24. Loose Curly Bun
Use pins to bring your wavy locks together into this messy-but-fancy bun. Don’t forget to leave a few loose strands on the sides of your face for a lovely effect.
25. Linked Crown Low Bun
Instead of styling your hair into a low bun with a braided crown, link the top part together for an original approach.
- 【Portable Crimper Hair Iron】：2020 upgraded version of the hair curler with no wire constraints. You can easily...
- 【Easy to Use Hair Waver&Curling Styling】：KFF wand curling iron with 6 temperature settings, can be heated from...
- 【Automatic Safe Curling&Healthy Styling】: KFF automatic curling iron adopts a built-in scroll design to prevent the...
26. Side Wrap Bun
- Part your hair half up, half down.
- Wrap the top part in a bun.
- Part the remaining hair vertically in two.
- Wrap these parts up left and right at all times.
27. Double Headband
After you get your perfect messy bun together, add a personal touch with a cool double headband.
28. Classic French Braid
Everyone knows about the classic French braid, but how on earth do you really make it? This 9-step guide shows how easy-peasy it really is!
29. Side Chignon
Why settle for the norm when you can give a classic chignon a twist? Instead of keeping it straight down, turn it to the side a bit.
30. Bun & Bow
Is there any way to make a bohemian bun even more adorable? Surprisingly, yes! Add a big bow in your favorite color and you’ll look as if you came straight out of a fairytale.
- 50 Unbelievably Easy Hairstyles for School to Save Time
- Keep Them Looking Lovely: 50 Heartwarming Flower Girl Hairstyles
- 50 Cool Ways to Rock Scene & Emo Hairstyles for Girls
31. Half Up Half Down with Braid Crown
One of the easy updos for medium hair you can try out any time is braiding two bigger strands on each side and bringing them together for a cute half up, half down look.
32. Upper Side Fishtail
A well-braided fishtail can go a long way for easy updos for medium hair.
33. Curly Side Chignon
Another way to style a side chignon is by curling your hair beforehand. It’s even better if your hair is naturally wavy or curly.
34. Swept Up Bun
Another glamorous wedding bun is this swept up style. Pin up a loose bun and sweep up the sides.
35. Twisted Chignon with Accessories
Twist your way to a chignon and add your favorite hairpins.
- Easy curl with long-lasting result - manage to style your hair in 3 simple steps - 1. Set your hair in the wand; 2. Push...
- Heat protection cover - double-layered heat protection cover is designed to prevent burning on your Fingers or face,...
- Two-way swirling - Choose the left spin/ right spin button to style your hair in your desired direction to get your...
36. Perfect Wedding Updo
This curly bun is the long wedding updo you’ve been dreaming of!
37. Side Braid Ponytail
Braid a bit of your hair to the side and bring the rest up into a ponytail.
38. Braid Over Chignon
Pin in a loose chignon and wrap a braid around the top.
39. Loose French Braid High Ponytail
Loosen up your top French braid and end it in a high ponytail.
40. Casual Ponytail with Bangs
What you see is what you get, ladies!
- Item Package Length: 13.25"
- Item Package Width: 7.0"
- Item Package Height: 4.0"
41. Puffed Up Ponytail
Puff up your ponytail with a comb and hair spray.
42. Big Half Up, Half Down Ponytail
Tie your hair in a half up, half down ponytail and start teasing.
43. Soft Half, Up Half Down Ponytail
This is the classic version of the half up and half down ponytail.
44. Messy Ponytail
Don’t be afraid to get messy with your ponytails.
45. Puffy Afro Faux Hawk
Bring your hair up into a faux hawk and tease away!
- 30 Party Hairstyles to Look Fabulous No Matter the Occasion!
- 50 Updo Hairstyles for Weddings and the Perfect ‘I Do’
- 50 Jolly Christmas Hairstyles Fit for All Parties
46. Half Up, Half Down Twist
After parting your hair half up and half down, twist the end into a bun.
47. Bandana Ponytail
Add a bandana to your ponytail for a fresh and edgy look.
48. Pin Up Ponytail
Wrap your ponytail with a ribbon and curl every remaining strand. You’ll get the perfect pin up look in no time!
49. Half Up, Half Down Bun
Braid both sides into a half up and half down bun.
50. Braid Up Bun
Start with a French braid and end up with a fab twist to a classic bun.
- HIGH-TEMP MOULDING AND LOW-TEMP SHAPING: The INGLAM hair straightener has independence cooling fan and covered with tiny...
- FOUR ADJUSTABLE TEMPERATURE AND LED DISPLAY: this flat iron with LED digital screen and adjustable temperature setting....
- PROTECT YOUR HAIR: INGLAM 2 in 1hair tools uses tourmaline ceramic plates take care of your hairs, making it shiny and...
51. Double Braid Crown
Double your crown with a traditional crown braid and a fishtail braid. The result is simply gorgeous!
52. Braid Wrap Around Crown Bun
Go for a big bun and surround it with a thick braid.
53. Half Up, Half Down Fishtail Braid
Braid the top part of your half up, half down hairstyle into an adorable fishtail.
54. Curly Braid Down Bun
Make the most of your curls with this loose braided bun.
55. Braided Updo with Flowers
Add some small flowers to your braided updo for enhanced femininity. You can sport this fairy-like look at a wedding, a festival, while going out, or just basically anywhere!
- STRAIGHTENS BETTER: The rounded design of the rotating barrel and tourmaline ceramic heated plate prevents creasing and...
- MAXIMUM SALON STYLE: MINIMUM EFFORT.: The larger surface area of the 1.25” round barrel (versus a flat plate)...
- PROFESSIONAL STYLING: With 360° of straightening power, the MAX Rotating Styler is preferred over flat irons for...
56. Wrap Around Twist Crown
Create a wraparound crown with any braids you like.
57. Double Braided Up Pigtails
French braid your pigtails up into small buns. The shaved undercut is optional, of course.
58. Hair Flower Crown
Get creative with your braided half up, half down with a beautiful flower design.
59. Top French Braid
Try stopping your French braid when you get to the top and let the rest of your hair flow freely.
60. Half Up, Half Down with Two Braids
Connect two side braids into one of the princess-like easy updos for medium hair.
- This hair iron is perfect for smoothing your hair
- As fresh from the hairdresser
- Ideal for daily use
So, What Is YOUR Hair Motivation?
So there you have it ladies, a list of dozens of ways in which you can pull up your medium-length hair and look stupendous while doing so!
Not only that, but these updos are so simple you can do them yourself at home or even on the run, as most of them are also quite fast to make.
Which one of these are your favorites? Or what are you trying out right now? Leave a comment and let us know!
- Unicorn Hair Without the Salon — You’ll Have a Rainbow Shine All the Time
- Today’s Best Pink Hair Dye Choices For At Home Color
- Ultimate Guide to the Vixen Sew In: Everything You Need to Know
- Love Your Silver Hair, and Color It Bolder!
- Madison Reed Hair Dye For Home Review
- Arctic Fox Hair Dye Reviews: Is It Worth Buying?
- The 13 Best Texture Powder Picks You Need for Great Hair This Year
Last update on 2021-10-16 at 22:31 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API