Goodbye, waist-length hair, hello, inverted bob!
One of the hottest trends of the year is here to inspire you to push your limits and experiment with daring haircuts.
Whether you’re tempted by an inverted long bob or you want to pile on layers with an inverted stacked bob, we’ve got the inspo for you!
What is an Inverted Bob?
Before we get into our eye-candy examples, we want to make sure that we’re all on the same page.
So, what is an inverted bob, to begin with?
Simply put, it is a bob haircut that stars shorter from the back and gets longer towards the front.
Regardless if the angle is subtle or dramatic, inverted bobs are cut so the tips lean towards the interior.
The haircut is also known as the graduated bob, so know that the terms are interchangeable.
Now that we’ve settled this, let’s dive into our tremendous selection of splendid inverted bob hairstyles and choose the perfect cut for you.
1. Long Inverted Bob for Wavy Hair
For a good few years now, the long bob or lob haircut has been all the rage among trendy gals across the globe.
It’s an excellent solution for women who aren’t willing to sacrifice entire inches of hair to get an angled silhouette.
If you have wavy locks, the results will be even more alluring.
2. Short Inverted Bob
On the other hand, a short bob is just as wonderful for girls with playful personalities. The difference in length from back to front doesn’t have to be massive.
If you want to highlight your killer jawline or gorgeously long neck, go for a discrete inverted cut.
3. Inverted Blunt Bob
Women with naturally straight hair have the immense luxury of being able to pull off blunt haircuts without a care.
If you never have to use a flat iron, consider getting an inverted blunt bob to show off your silky smooth hair texture.
4. Long Asymmetrical Inverted Bob Haircut
If the lob caught your eye, wait till you discover the fascinating world of asymmetrical bob haircuts.
While they might not be the best choice for ladies that are more on the traditional side, they’re definitely a keeper for outgoing gals.
The greater the asymmetry, the more the haircut will make heads turn.
5. Inverted Layered Bob
Short layered haircuts are amazing for a variety of reasons. Firstly, they’re incredibly easy to maintain.
Thanks to the layers, you won’t need to waste an hour on styling your hair every time you need to leave the house.
After that, an inverted layered bob is a surefire way to show that you have a bright and fun personality.
- Ionic Hair Dryer: Featuring ceramic technology plus frizz fighting conditioning ions for less damage and more shine,...
- Superior Function: A Cold Shot button locks hair styles in place and rocker switches make for easy handling; Includes 3...
- Ionic Conditioning: Natural ion output helps fight frizz and bring out your hair’s natural shine; Includes a...
6. Inverted Bob with Bangs to the Side
No matter what haircut you get, side bangs will always give it a boost of cuteness. As far as inverted bobs go, side-swept bangs are the ideal addition to top off the look.
One way you can approach them is with a jagged edge that matches the lower part of your bob haircut.
7. Spiky Bob
Want to be edgy and sleek at the same time? Go for a spiky bob. The intensity of the spiky top is all up to you, whereas the front section can be as slick or disheveled as you please.
In the end, it all comes down to how you want to showcase your personal style to the world.
8. Inverted A-Line Bob
The A-line bob has certainly been making waves this year. As a deliciously striking bob haircut, the A-line style that will never be overlooked.
For an attention-grabbing outcome, ensure that the diagonal line from back to front is as steep as can be.
9. Stacked Inverted Bob
Similarly, the stacked bob has been on everyone’s lips for a while now. The hairstyle gets its name for the way in which the layers are stacked one on top of the other in a gradual fashion.
As we see it, the inverted stacked bob is a beautifully bold choice for equally bold women.
10. Faux Bob
What about the girls who aren’t ready to start chopping away their long hair? We have a convenient idea for you too. Meet the faux bob!
Celebrities have been rocking it for decades as a solution for not cutting their hair every time they want a change of look.
Wrap your hair inwards and use bobby pins to hide it underneath.
- T3 SinglePass Radial Technology: Maintains a consistent temperature over the barrel for healthy even styling
- Hollow Barrel Design: Allows heat to disperse evenly and consistently from the outside of barrel.Wattage: 55W
- 5 Position Temperature Dial to 410° F: Perfectly styles all hair types and textures
11. Inverted Bob for Fine Hair
Even the finest of hair is no match for the inverted bob, especially if you have some extra tricks up your sleeve.
You won’t believe how stacked base with additional layers on top can create the illusion of thickness.
Moreover, some highlights or lowlights can further define your locks. You can also take a look at our other bob haircuts for fine hair to get some more inspiration.
12. Bob Haircut for Thick Hair
If you have thick hair, on the other hand, you might want to go with a more subtle method. Inverted bobs already come with a major dose of volume, so you should consider going low key with the layers.
With the help of an expert stylist, you’ll get the shape you’ve always dreamed of.
13. Protective Inverted Bob for Natural Hair
Bobs aren’t exclusive to certain hair types. In fact, if you have afro-textured hair, there are plenty of bob hairstyles for black women you can try out.
For natural hair, you can think about getting a protective braids style trimmed in an inverted manner.
14. Inverted Choppy Bob
You know what they say – go big or go home! If you’re a woman who is not afraid to step out of her comfort zone, try your hand at a choppy bob haircut.
It’s magnificently messy, perfect for confident ladies who know that true style comes from within.
15. Long Inverted Bob for Straight Hair
Another awesome option for girls with sleek locks is the ultra long bob. We recommend it as a fabulous medium-length haircut that exudes personality and poise.
The cut also works for other hair types, so don’t shy away from it if you have wavy or curly hair.
- SMOOTH AND BEAUTIFUL HAIR - Our flat hair straightener is a cutting-edge styler designed to condition and soften hair...
- NEGATIVE IONIC TECHNOLOGY - With an infrared heat strip built into its rose gold titanium plates, the electric hair...
- CORROSION AND STAIN RESISTANT - Enjoy pin-straight tresses or tousled waves with an incomparable shine and lasting hold...
16. Rounded Bangs and Bob
Ever since it first became popular in the 1920s, the bob haircut has always been about shape. The term “bob” literally refers to the way the hair hangs in a bobbed fashion.
Even more so, the retro take on the bob is usually depicted with a rounded silhouette, often accompanied by curved bangs.
17. Inverted Stacked Bob Undercut Layer
There are a plethora of ways in which you can customize your inverted bob. For example, you can add an undercut and have the rest of your hair fall in layers over it.
As a result, your shaved nape won’t be instantly visible but rather shrouded in a bit of mystery.
18. Curved Bob
We all more or less secretly swoon over designer haircut editorial shots. However, if you have the necessary budget, you can get a magazine-worthy bob cut of your own.
Furthermore, you can take it to the next level with a curved line like the one pictured above.
19. Chanel Inverted Bob with Bangs
Coco Chanel has made massive contributions to the world of fashion and style as we know it today.
In addition to her barrier-breaking garment designs, Mademoiselle Chanel also continues to inspire women through the fierce haircut she had.
Today, we have the Chanel bob, which forever honors the courage she had to push the boundaries of aesthetics.
20. Round Face Bob
Inverted bobs are one of the haircuts that truly do any face shape justice.
For instance, if your face is roundish, a shorter bob that hugs your jawline can frame your face wonderfully.
You can also check out our other short haircuts for round faces while you’re at it.
- Style, Dry & Volumize Your Hair in One Step, Max Drying Power with 30% Less Frizz and helps reduce hair damage
- Unique Non-Detachable Oval Brush Design for Smoothing the Hair, while the round edges create volume. Designed with Nylon...
- 3 Heat/Speed Settings with Cool option for styling flexibility
21. Square Face Bob
On the flip side, the bob has a magical way of flattering square face shapes just as much.
If you have a strong jawline, we recommend softening your appearance with a longer bob.
You can cut the hair about an inch or two below your chin to get your desired results.
22. Messy Short Inverted Bob
In our book, messy and sassy are synonymous. Therefore, embrace your boldness with a ravishing and ruffled bob.
Here, the secret to success goes two ways – choppy layers and tousled styling.
To maintain the intentional messiness, tease your hair a bit and add some hairspray.
23. Inverted Shaggy Bob
As an alternative, you can apply a shag haircut approach to your bob. Don’t hold back on the layers, and make them as diverse as possible.
The outcome will be as shaggy as you can wish for, with a nice modern mullet touch to make the hairstyle even more distinctive.
24. Subtle Asymmetrical Inverted Bob Haircut
We’ve talked about inverted asymmetrical bobs.
However, we know that not all women are comfortable with having a huge gap between the length from one side to the other. In this situation, we fully support a bob cut with subtle asymmetry.
All you have to do is make one side slightly longer, preferably that which your parted hair leans into.
25. Inverted Wedge Cut
In some adaptations, the wedge haircut comes in pretty close to the classic inverted bob. In countries like South Korea, the look is highly coveted among both women and men.
If you want an easygoing haircut with casual layers, it’s surely for you.
- 30 Party Hairstyles to Look Fabulous No Matter the Occasion!
- 50 Updo Hairstyles for Weddings and the Perfect ‘I Do’
- 50 Jolly Christmas Hairstyles Fit for All Parties
26. Side Part Bob
Whether you get side bangs or just a steep side part, we guarantee you will be radiant.
In case you’re not quite ready to get into bangs mode, you can test out the look by parting your hair to the side and bringing it forward.
With a bob as your foundation, you’ll attain a hairstyle with an enchanting contour.
27. Inverted Bob with Feathered Layers
Ladies with fine hair are bound to know that feathered haircuts are the oldest trick in the book.
Essentially, the haircut features numerous layers, all cut with a feathered technique. As a result, the hair will appear to be fuller, thicker, and all-around more dynamic.
28. Pob Haircut
Okay, so we know about the lob. But what about the pob?
Among the celebrity-inspired hairstyles that become worldwide trends is also the pob haircut.
After the likes of Jennifer Aniston, Bettie Page, or Farrah Fawcett had hairstyles named after them, it’s Victoria Beckham’s time to shine.
“Pob” refers to Posh Spice’s unmistakable bob, so the combination of names actually makes sense when you break it down.
29. Blunt Bangs Bob
For a Roaring Twenties vibe, you can channel your inner Louise Brooks with a short bob paired with blunt bangs.
The flapper style icon has inspired the overall approach to the bob, which you can adopt today for a chic vintage touch to your look.
30. Long Inverted Bob for Curly Hair
Curly hair is always tricky to deal with in terms of cutting. Even if you simply trim the tips, you can end up with far shorter hair than expected.
Consequently, we warmly recommend a longer bob so you can avoid any potential regrets for working up the courage to get your hair cut in the first place.
- 1” Inch Ceramic Rotating Barrel ideal for shoulder-length hair between 6-16” length.
- Includes Pre-set Temperatures: Low 370°F for Fine Hair, Medium 390°F for Medium Hair, High 410°F for Coarse Hair
- Includes Adjustable Heat-Up Times: 15 seconds for Fine Hair, 17 seconds for Medium Hair, 19 seconds for Coarse Hair
31. Mushroom Bob
Want to be as cute as a button? Try the mushroom bob!
As another one of the top-trending hairstyles in Asia for men and women alike, the mushroom bob is the pure embodiment of sweetness.
To get the look though, you will most likely need to have naturally super straight hair.
32. Inverted Box Braids Bob
While some African American women choose to opt for long and luscious box braids, others can’t wait for the opportunity to personalize them.
You can go against the grain with not only an inverted bob but an asymmetrical one to boot.
Your stunning facial features will shine brighter than ever before.
33. Peekaboo Highlights Bob
One of the trends we were particularly excited to watch unfold the past few years are peekaboo highlights.
Yes, the hairstyle is just as exhilarating as it sounds. Instead of being visibly implemented on top, the highlights literally peek in from behind sections of your hair.
Complete with an inverted bob haircut, the look is out of this world.
34. Short Inverted Bob with Longer Front
Although inverted bobs have a longer front by definition, some versions feature longer face-framing locks than others.
If you really want to make a visual impact, allow the strands that fall around your face to be as long as they can. You’ll thank us later.
35. Inverted and Flared Out Bob
As counterintuitive as it may sound, a bob can be inverted and flared out at the same time. For example, you can have the lower part of your hair cut in a traditional inverted way.
Then, you can take some of the pieces in the upper part and flare them out when styling them.
- 🌟【Hair Straightener and Curler 2 IN 1】Professional flat curling iron creates dramatic results on even the...
- 🌟【Better Hair Care】Ionic hair straightener produces 70 millions+ negative ions to delivers 4x more protection,...
- 🌟【No Snagging & No Tugging】360°swivel long cord flat iron for women with 3D twist plates, balanced heat plates...
36. Bouffant Bob
Long gone are the days in which women glamorously rocked huge bouffant hairstyles on the daily.
Nevertheless, wearing one today will make you stand out from your peers with class and attitude. Coupled with thick side bangs, a bouffant bob is nothing less than sensational.
37. Shaved Side Asymmetrical Inverted Bob Haircut
An alternative for an undercut that still comes through with the wow factor is the shaved side hairstyle.
Instead of shaving the entire under portion of your hair, choose the opposite side of your part and get to trimming.
The rest of your hair will flow charmingly on the other side.
38. Reverse Pageboy Bob Haircut
Back in the 70s, the pageboy haircut was a decade-defining hairstyle that featured a longer back and shorter front.
For a contemporary twist on the retro haircut, you can switch everything around with an inverted cutting technique. Modern, classic, and picture-perfect.
39. Inverted Bob with Bangs and Middle Part
If you want your hairstyle to have a grunge vibe to it, there’s nothing quite like choppy curtain bangs that fall directly over your eyes.
Reminiscent of Courtney Love and other grunge icons of the 1990s, the edgy haircut is doubtlessly a statement-maker.
40. Long Inverted Bob with Stacked Layers
Not all stacked bobs are extremely short in the back. As a matter of fact, a long bob can feature gorgeously stacked layers with giving up too much length.
From our point of view, the stacked lob approach is best suited for girls with curly or wavy hair.
- Different Interchangeble Barrels: the newest 3 barrel curling iron set, it comes with 1'' hair crimper hair waver for...
- The Most Fashionable Beachy Waves: we design the crimper hair wave iron, this is the most popular waves in recent, and...
- Instant Heating Up: adopt PTC technology & 100% ceramic tourmaline coating, 30s instant heating up for target...
41. Full Undercut with Bowl Cut to Long Bob
Bring on the drama with a haircut that will exceed any and every expectation.
The difference between the back and front of your bob can be gigantic.
For example, you can start with something as short as a bowl cut in the back and let it transition to a luxurious long bob in the front.
Complete the back with an undercut and you’ll look outstanding.
42. Inverted Faux Locs Bob
As far as protective hairstyles are concerned, faux locs are a brilliant choice for any stylish woman. Once you get them installed, you can cut your way to the inverted silhouette that speaks volumes.
If your locs have a wavy shape to them, the results will be even more impressive.
43. Dreadlocks Inverted Bob Haircut
Conversely, you can go all out with traditional dreadlocks or extensions with them.
The hairstyle will help you reconnect with your heritage while beautifully expressing your culture. Even more, dreads look awesome when cut into a bob shape.
44. Straight Bangs, Curly Bob
Curly girls know the struggle of longing for bangs but knowing that they might not fall into place like they want them to.
Well, rest assured that you can sport short curly hair with straightened side bangs and look as classy as ever. An inverted bob will top everything off flawlessly.
45. Bob with Nape Design
If you’re going to get an undercut to go with your bob, you might as well have fun with it.
If you’re the adventurous type, you can consult your stylist about creative designs you can incorporate into your undercut.
They can be as simple as a chevron pattern or as complex as detailed illustrations.
- ☀ WE CARE FOR YOUR HAIR! Most dryers can over-dry or even burn your hair. Our Dryer & Volumizer has a unique 3 feature...
- ☀ We designed our blowout hair dryer with an ALCI safety plug (required for U.S. hair dryers)
- ☀ We’ve developed a DOUBLE feature - IONIC technology AND CERAMIC COATING for volume without frizz, designed to...
46. Short Inverted Bob with Hidden Undercut
Nevertheless, not all girls may be willing to show off their undercut with every chance they get.
If you don’t want yours to be immediately obvious, you can hide the majority of it under your main layer of hair.
Exposing just a bit above one ear can be the tasteful touch you’re looking for.
47. Under Ombre Bob
Similarly, you can play around with sections by using ombre hair as a tool.
Rather than getting a classic ombre that splits your hair into two tones half way, use the peekaboo method to get a full layer of contrasting color underneath.
48. Inverted Kinky Twists Bob
Kinky twists are yet another breathtaking African hairstyle that goes splendidly well with inverted bobs.
By giving the twists an angled contour, they’ll be able to bounce around freely and fall back into place in a continuously flattering way.
As you can see, you don’t even need to part your hair at all for the look to work.
49. Pink Inverted Bob with Bangs
As we come close to the end of our collection, we want to give you an even bigger boost of inspiration by supporting vivid colors.
A bob is already an appealing haircut, but you can always make it a genuine show-stopper by dyeing your locks in electrifying hues.
50. Bob with Multicolor Highlights
Lastly, we encourage you to consider pushing your limits with a full artsy bob. Starting from an inverted base, throw in all sorts of elements to make your bob truly unique.
Multicolor highlights, super short bangs and dozens of layers can all help you out.
- ♚2-IN-1 Feature Hot Hair Comb(Brush) & Straightening Iron Combination♚ The built-in multiple small 5-IN-1 ceramic...
- ♚Innovative Healthy Styling♚Those built-in multiple ceramic coated heating plates are infused with Nano Silver,Argan...
- ♚Maximum 450°F: LCD Display 6 Temperatures Option.♚ 265/300/340/375/410/450°F .Simple One Step Operation without...
So, What Us YOUR Hair Motivation?
To sum it all up, the inverted bob just might be the incredible haircut you’ve been searching for all this time.
You have every reason to try it out if you want to leave your comfort zone behind and take your appearance to new heights.
After you get your hair cut, you can start exploring all the extra styling options that await on the other side.
For example, become your own hairstylist by trying out all sorts of updos for short hair. Unleash your creativity and have fun while doing it!
Are you in?
- 50 Glamorous Ways To Rock Box Braids
- Red Hair Color | Spice Up Your Life with These 50 Ideas
- 50 Unbelievable Easy Hairstyles for School
- Goddess Braids | 55 Stunning Ideas You’ll Fall in Love With!
- Gray Hair Ideas You’ll Love + 50 Shades & Hairstyles
- Brown Hair With Blonde Highlights: 55 Wonderfully Ideas
- Natural Hairstyles for Black Hair 50 Gorgeous Ideas
Last update on 2021-10-16 at 22:31 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API