Shoulder length hairstyles have eclipsed beauty trends this year, with more and more girls and women embracing this haircut.
Even though there aren’t as many options available as with long, waist-length locks, you can have plenty of fun with styling.
Whether you’re looking for something classy or sassy, check out these shoulder length hairstyles below to help you get started.
1. Twisted Shoulder Length Hairstyles
We’re all for braids, but we know that we don’t always have time for them. If you want to whip up a quick yet memorable hairstyle, try this one. Twist two thick strands on each side and use a thin hair tie to unite them in the middle.
2. Back Braided Crowns
If you do have time for a quick braid though, try this crown-like style at the back of your head. It won’t take up a lot of your time and you’ll dazzle like a princess in a fairytale.
3. Messy Shoulder Length Hairstyles for Women
There’s nothing quite as sexy as a woman who knows how to rock a messy hairstyle with an attitude. These types of shoulder length hairstyles have a unique allure that few other styling ideas can compete with, as you can see.
4. Posh Spice Straight Cut
Even though the Spice Girls days are long gone, the five popstars that rocked our worlds in the 90s still serve as style icons to this day. Posh Spice, portrayed by Victoria Beckham, is the perfect example of how a statement hairstyle surpasses decades.
5. Half Top Knot Hairstyles for Shoulder Length Hair
Another way to nail an effortless look is with a messy, half top knot. This look takes less than two minutes to obtain. All you have to do is wrap half of your hair in a loose ponytail pulled halfway through.
- Item Package Length: 10.3cm
- Item Package Width: 20.0cm
- Item Package Height: 27.4cm
6. Cute Shoulder Length Hairstyles to the Side
This vintage-inspired look can be worn in two main ways. On the one hand, you can go with the example in the photo above and twist just one side. On the other hand, feel free to mirror the twist on the opposing side for a symmetrical outcome.
7. Simple Updos
We typically associate updos with fancy events and complicated styling. However, you can get a picture-perfect updo in a matter of minutes. Simply wrap your hair up and use bobby pins in all the right places.
8. Professional Hairstyles
If your job requires you to approach professional hairstyles, you have plenty of choices at hand. For a corporate environment, try out this French twist hairstyle that elegantly sweeps your hair from your face and at the back of your head.
9. Casual Shoulder Length Layered Hairstyles
Not in the mood for excessive styling, or you just want a natural look? Part your hair to the side and tuck the hair on that side behind your ear. After that, take two strands from the front and pin them back. You’re good to go!
10. Classic Middle Part Hairstyles
Want to impress instantly? Create a middle part and straighten your hair through the method of your choice. Apply your favorite makeup or go all-natural; just make sure that you sport your look with confidence.
- 2 in 1 Hair Styling Tool - The 2 in 1 hair straightener and curler featured by a rounded and sleek shape helps to temper...
- Safe and Efficient - This styling tool has a 60-min auto shut off function which can enhance your safety. It heats up...
- Infrared Negative Ionic Care - This hair straightener is equipped with an anion outlet that emits millions of negative...
11. Stacked Shoulder Length Curly Hairstyles
If you have naturally curly locks, you can experiment with various types of layering to get even more volume. For instance, this stacked layering option is perfect if you want big, shoulder-length hair.
12. Boho Tiara Hairstyles
Boho gals, you know we never neglect you in our inspiration lists. That’s why this category of shoulder length hairstyles has a special place in this article, complete with a dreamy metallic accessory. Sport it fearlessly.
13. Buns with Bangs
Taylor Swift is frequently found in best-dressed lists, and the reasons are more than obvious. The beloved celebrity knows how to own all that she wears, from dresses to hairstyles. Get inspired by her swept up bun look with straight bangs.
14. Shoulder Length Hairstyles with Bangs
This is yet another way to wear shoulder length locks with bangs. The appealing hairstyle adds a bit of mystery to your overall look, all while being completely flattering for all face shapes.
15. Braided Shoulder Length Hairstyle
Regardless if your locks aren’t super long, braids are always an option. To adapt them for shoulder length hairstyles, go for a half up half down approach. Instead of a traditional braid, try mixing a few techniques or layers.
- 🌟【Hair Straightener and Curler 2 IN 1】Professional flat curling iron creates dramatic results on even the...
- 🌟【Better Hair Care】Ionic hair straightener produces 70 millions+ negative ions to delivers 4x more protection,...
- 🌟【No Snagging & No Tugging】360°swivel long cord flat iron for women with 3D twist plates, balanced heat plates...
16. Low Knotted Ponytails
Love keeping things sweet and simple? Low ponytails are readily available for shoulder length strands at any moment. To make yours more interesting, cover the hair tie with two strands knotted.
17. Waterfall Braid Shoulder Length Hairstyles for Thick Hair
A waterfall braid is a lovely way to accentuate your hair texture, no matter if it’s wavy or straight. In this example, you can see how two waterfall braids connect at the middle, flowing into soft curls.
18. Retro Bridal Hairstyles
Shoulder length hairstyles for weddings are a sheer joy to behold. For a retro touch, experiment with big, loose curls and a statement piece. An example is this large, pearl accessory pinned above the ear.
19. Easy Hairstyles for Shoulder Length Hair
Only have five minutes until you have to be out the door? No worries, grab a hair tie and twist your way to the perfect half up half down hairstyle. Leave it messy, it’s all part of the charming impact.
20. Side Chignon Hairstyles
No matter if you go for a side approach or directly down, chignons are an excellent way of accentuating your shoulder length locks. In this photo, for instance, you can see how a casual side chignon mixes refinement with coolness.
- 3 Wands Hair Curler: This professional hair curling wand kit includes 1.18”/0.98”/ 0.78“ cylinders , you can have...
- Adjustable Temperature & Direction: Professional 3 levels high temperature heaten setting from 380℉to 450℉, you can...
- Lightweight Material & Styling Design: Made of light weight high-grade ceramic smooth material. The hair curler is...
21. Knotted Bun Hairstyles
Even though it might initially seem complex, a knotted bun is easy peasy. For starters, tie your hair in a ponytail. Afterwards, braid the ponytail. To finish it off, wrap the braided ponytail around until you get a bun.
22. Low Bun & Braids
If you prefer low dos, you can try out a loose bun that rests at the back of your neck. To spice up the hairstyle, try out two or three different braids that flow into the bun, i.e. fishtail braid and loose rope braid.
23. Shoulder Length with Accessories
You’ve already seen how a tiara can look with shoulder length hairstyles, but what about other accessories? Sometimes all you need is a well-placed hair pin to get the look of your dreams.
24. Half Up Twisted Hairstyles
This example shows how you can branch out with half up half down shoulder length hairstyles. Instead of tying the top half in a bun or ponytail, you can overlap the strands and pin them in place.
25. Front Braids
Another way to play around with braids is by going against the grain. In other words, don’t focus on the back or sides. Instead, try braiding a few strands in the front to frame your face flatteringly.
- 50 Glamorous Ways To Rock Box Braids
- Red Hair Color | Spice Up Your Life with These 50 Ideas
- 50 Unbelievable Easy Hairstyles for School
26. Teased Shoulder Length Hairstyles for Thin Hair
Keep the messy shoulder length hairstyles coming! This gorgeous look takes a handful of bobby pins, hairspray and your limitless imagination for teasing your locks however you’d like.
27. Middle Part Bangs Shoulder Length Wavy Hairstyles
For a laid back vibe, consider keeping your styling to a minimum. What you can do is part your hair down the middle, bangs and all, and tease it a bit until you get loose waves all around.
28. Careless Buns
This is easily the most effortless hairstyle on our list. Simply grab a hair tie, bend over and wrap your hair into the messiest bun you can think of. You’ll love the natural glam it provides.
29. Pin-Up Ponytails
If you’re fond of the golden age, you can use it as inspiration for your shoulder length hairstyles. While, in essence, this is a simple ponytail, it has a few details that make it glamorous. The teased top and back give an irresistible pin-up glow.
30. Voluminous Curly Shoulder Length Hairstyles
Is your hair naturally curly? Then don’t hesitate to show it off? Get a shoulder length hairstyle with layers to let your corkscrews bounce playfully as you walk. The layers help you cut styling time.
- The BaBylissPRO Nano Titanium Spring Curling Iron uses Nano titanium technology to produce gentle, even far-infrared...
- The Nano titanium barrel offers even heat distribution without hot spots. Negative ions leave locks smooth & shiny.
- Use this spring barrel curling iron for tight curls or loose waves. Far-infrared heat leaves hair shiny & smooth.
31. Thick and Choppy Hairstyles
Thick hair is a blessing as much as it is a curse. While it might be hard to explore complex hairstyles with thick strands, you can venture into edgy haircuts that fall flawlessly into place. This choppy long bob is the perfect example.
32. Shoulder Length Hairstyles for Black Women
Oh, Keri Hilson, how we adore your beauty choices. We have presented the R&B singer in other articles on our site before, thanks to her inspirational hairstyles. In this shoulder length style, you can see how she opted for an inverted long bob with honey highlights.
33. Tiara Braids
If you don’t want to use hair accessories per se, then transform your hair into one! Even though we don’t mean this literally, you can recreate your favorite accessories by braiding your hair. Take this cute tiara braid, for example.
34. Prom Hairstyles for Shoulder Length Hair
Girls in high school know that prom is the most important event of the whole year. To shine on your special night, get inspired by this smooth and elegant updo, with loose strands on the side.
35. Headwrap Hairstyles
Headwraps are a beautiful way of expressing your exotic personality and bringing life to your outfits. A colorful headwrap like this one can complement your shoulder length hair magnificently.
- Innovative Healthy Styling:The 5-IN-1 Ceramic coated Heating plate is also infused with Nano Silver,Argan oil,Tourmaline...
- Simple One Step Operation without any buttons:the revolutionary design allow you to operate by simple revolving the end...
- A High Efficiency Flat iron for Hair:The extra-long heating plate(4.1") provide more contacted area(+10%) than normal...
36. Diagonal Waterfall Braids
For a funky approach to shoulder length hairstyles, take your waterfall braid to the next level. Instead of creating a horizontal braid like most girls, make yours diagonal. To put it in other words, start from one side at the top and braid at an angle until you get to your tips.
37. Classy Shoulder Length Bob Hairstyles
Long bobs can be just as fancy as they are edgy. Here, you can easily see how a finely-sculpted ‘lob’ makes you fit for a red carpet event. You don’t even have to bother with additional styling.
38. Shoulder Length Black Hairstyles with Dreadlocks
Afro-textured locks look absolutely stunning when they’re cut shoulder-length. If you want to incorporate African hairstyles into your look, think about thin dreadlocks that rest comfortably against your shoulders.
39. Double Dutch Braids
One of the most adorable hair trends this year is the double braided look. This hairstyle is not only super sweet, but it’s also reminiscent of the 90s and the carefree vibes associated with them. Double Dutch, French or goddess braids are all options.
40. Wedding Hairstyles for Shoulder Length Hair
Prefer an elaborate updo for your wedding? There are shoulder length hairstyles that fall under this category too. This complex bun is curled at the tips and topped off with an eye-catching crystal tiara to match your bridal jewelry.
- Innovative Design: Upgraded One-Step Hair Dryer brush To Deliver Stunning Blowouts, 360° contact the hair for quick dry...
- Healthy Hair - Reinfused With Negative ION Technology Ensures Hair and epicranium Safety and Frizz-Free Refreshing Hairs...
- Warm Tip：Dry your hair with a towel to get rid of excess water,If you use a hair dryer to dry your wet hair,it can...
41. Spiral Braided Buns
Another unique way to style your shoulder length hair is with a spiral bun. Start with a French braid at the crown of your head and flow into a spiral that ends in a bun. It’s simpler than you think, and the results are breath-taking.
42. Shoulder Length Hairstyles for Round Faces
If the shape of your face is round, you know that finding the right haircut proves to be challenging. A long bob can solve all of your issues if you have straight hair. This haircut also is brilliant for round-faced women with wavy and curly hair alike.
43. Pull Through Braid Faux Hawk
Mohawks are awesome, but how many women are willing to shave both sides of their head indefinitely? For that, you can reproduce the look with a pull through braid faux hawk.
44. A-Line Bob Shoulder Length Blonde Hairstyles
For more shape and dynamism for your hairstyle, turn your long bob into an angled one. Also known as an A-line bob, this hairstyle is shorter at your nape and continues longer towards your chin.
45. Loose Fishtail Braids
Fishtail braids are one of the most beloved braiding techniques, no matter how old you are. As far as shoulder length hairstyles are concerned, you can create a half up fishtail braid that loosely falls apart towards the end. Add some hairspray to make sure it doesn’t fully unravel.
- THREE MILLION NEGATIVE IONS: moisturize hair, prevent static electricity, negative ions can close hair scales,Helps hair...
- PI HEATING FILM: the heating plate heats up evenly and the comb teeth are closed, and the surface is anti-scalding
- CONSTANT TEMPERATURE SETTING: heating time, 100 seconds, constant temperature 200℃, while quickly straightening hair,...
46. French Braided Ponytails
Give your ponytail a whole new makeover by combining it with a French braid. Begin your French braid from the top and let it unwrap in your ponytail for a chic impact.
47. Formal Hairstyles for Shoulder Length Hair
Shoulder length hairstyles like these are appropriate for all sorts of formal events, from an important meeting at work to a black tie event or even a wedding. Consider working with a stylist to get the updo you have been longing for.
48. Quick Hairstyles for Shoulder Length Hair
Another easy hairstyle for shoulder length hair that won’t take up a lot of your time is this half up twist. All you have to do is take two thick strands on each side and tie them in the middle. Voila!
49. Undercut and Casual Buns
If you have a rebellious personality and you’re not afraid to show it, dare to adopt an undercut. You can make it as subtle or flashy as you’d like, and afterwards, you can highlight it with a casual bun.
50. Bohemian Flowery Updo
Last but certainly not least, this heart-warming hairstyle combines some of the sweetest elements we can think of. From a teased side braid to loose locks in the front, the icing on the cake is provided by pastel flowers sprinkled at the back.
- 1” Inch Ceramic Rotating Barrel ideal for shoulder-length hair between 6-16” length.
- Includes Pre-set Temperatures: Low 370°F for Fine Hair, Medium 390°F for Medium Hair, High 410°F for Coarse Hair
- Includes Adjustable Heat-Up Times: 15 seconds for Fine Hair, 17 seconds for Medium Hair, 19 seconds for Coarse Hair
So, What Is YOUR Hair Motivation?
To conclude, you can choose from numerous shoulder length hairstyles that cater to all occasions and hair types
It doesn’t matter if your hair is curly, wavy or straight – there are braids and buns galore that you can have endless fun with.
As a final piece of advice, try to adapt your shoulder length hairstyle to context to get the perfect look.
- 50 Glamorous Ways To Rock Box Braids
- Red Hair Color | Spice Up Your Life with These 50 Ideas
- 50 Unbelievable Easy Hairstyles for School
- Goddess Braids | 55 Stunning Ideas You’ll Fall in Love With!
- Gray Hair Ideas You’ll Love + 50 Shades & Hairstyles
- Brown Hair With Blonde Highlights: 55 Wonderfully Ideas
- Natural Hairstyles for Black Hair 50 Gorgeous Ideas
Last update on 2021-10-16 at 22:31 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API