Purple hair might not be for everyone, but it’s an actually excellent color idea for anyone looking for a serious change.
With so many flattering shades available, you’re sure to find the most suitable one for you. Explore these charming purple hair ideas and color your life!
1. Dark Purple Hair
One of the most popular types of purple for hair is this deep, rich shade. It’s a lot easier to wear than other colors in this palette that might be too flashy for work or school.
2. Purple Afro-Textured Hair
After having the patience to grow out your natural hair, why not bring it to life with a gorgeous new color? This deep purple is a great option and it contrasts beautifully with dark skin tones.
3. Pastel Purple Hair
On the other hand, pastel purples are just as glamorous. For instance, this almost periwinkle shade looks absolutely stunning on long locks. It’s a perfect idea for blending in with the chilly season.
4. Purple Balayage
We all know that balayage is one of the hottest hair trends, but how would it look with purple? When faded from a natural hair color like black, a purple balayage can really take your breath away.
5. Black to Purple Ombre Hair
If you want something a bit more contrasting, you can opt for purple ombre hair. Likewise, it turns out most natural when blended with black or dark brown.
Also, it looks wonderful on long hair, but it can also be rocked with short ‘dos.
- Hello hair color! Lime Crime Unicorn Hair Semi-Permanent Hair Dye: Pony delivers bright, hair color with a full...
- Easily color your hair @ home without the damage! This damage-free formula will keep your natural hair soft, smooth,...
- There’s no developers or heat for this process. Lime Crime Unicorn Hair Semi-Permanent Hair Dyes are ready to use...
6. Light Purple Hair
This super light lavender hair color is just what you need to bring out your inner fairy. It’s feminine and edgy at the same time, all while maintaining a graceful impact.
7. Purple Braids
If you love rocking braids all around, you can consider incorporating purple into them next time. For a more natural approach, consider keeping at least part of them with your root hair color.
8. Purple Buzz Cut
The beauty about purple is that it looks amazing on all types of hair, no matter how short yours is. For example, this adorable buzz cut looks even better in this deep red-purple color.
9. Silver Purple Hair Color
We have all witnessed the silver/gray hair craze. However, if you really want to stand out, you can give yours a pretty tint. This silver hair color has just enough metallic lavender in it for a lovely final touch.
10. Lavender and White Hair
Long hair can be easily colored lavender and look brilliant. Nevertheless, you might like playing around with other colors at the same time.
This lavender to white ombre will give you a better idea of how cute the results can be.
- SEMI-PERMANENT: Achieve head turning looks with these bright colors. Lasts 10-12 washes, with appropriate aftercare.
- EASY TO APPLY: Apply directly to pre-lightened or bleached hair for the best results. The conditioning formula makes...
- CONDITIONING FORMULA: Packed with our triple oil complex; sunflower seed oil, avocado oil and raspberry oil, to hydrate...
11. Pink and Purple Hair
Among hair color combinations that contain purple, pink is one of the most popular secondary colors.
Aside from natural hair tones, pink completes purple gorgeously. Go from purple to pink or vice-versa. It will look just as charming!
12. Metallic Purple Locks
If you’re caught between pastel purple and gray hair, go for something in between. This metallic purple mixes the softness of pastel with the edginess of steel grey. The outcome is quite a beauty to behold.
13. Messy Purple Bun
Out of styling ideas for your purple locks? A messy top knot always does the trick. It looks even better if you have dark roots, so grab that hair tie and wrap up your hair in a careless manner. It’s chic, cool, and super pretty!
14. Purple and Blue Hair
In addition to pink, blue is a fantastic choice for a secondary color after purple. A hairstyle like this isn’t ombre-based.
15. Blue and Purple Hair
For the other way around, simply put more emphasis on the blue part of your hair.
This works amazingly if your hair is already dyed blue or is a combination of different shades of blue. All you have to do is sprinkle a bit of purple on top for a nice twist.
- 50 Unbelievably Easy Hairstyles for School to Save Time
- Keep Them Looking Lovely: 50 Heartwarming Flower Girl Hairstyles
- 50 Cool Ways to Rock Scene & Emo Hairstyles for Girls
16. Purple Flat Twist Out Curls
Another deliciously eye candy idea for natural hair gone purple involves a classic process: flat twist out curls.
Even though most women with afro-textured hair already know how to get these corkscrews, we wanted to point out how delightful they look when colored purple.
17. Purple Hair Extensions
If you’re not up for dying your natural hair purple, you can always get extensions.
It’s a great way to protect your hair from damage caused by coloring, and you can take them off or put them back on whenever you please.
18. Grey Purple Hair
Like we previously mentioned, gray hair can be toned with a bit of purple to make the overall look more interesting. This is yet another example so you can see how beautiful the fusion turns out!
19. Shaved Purple Haircut with French Braid & Balayage
Kelly Osbourne shows that a carefree spirit can rock a shaved hairstyle, an upside-down French braid, and lavender balayage locks, all at the same time.
20. Turquoise, Pink, and Purple Mix
Who ever said that you only have to settle for one or two hair colors?
To step up your mermaid hair game, consider going for three bold and beautiful colors. For instance, turquoise, pink, and purple look absolutely outstanding together.
- Semi-Permanent Hair Color- Lasts up to 30 Washes or More
- Ultra Conditioning Formula
- Highest Salon Quality- Vegan & Cruelty-Free
21. Purple Double Buns
If you get tired of classic messy buns, you can switch things around with double buns. This look is even greater if you have bangs, but it will look cute without them as well.
22. Katy Perry Purple Hair
As far as celebrities with purple hair are concerned, Katy Perry definitely deserves a top spot on the list. Here is how she once rocked dark and purple hair flawlessly, with black roots and undertones.
23. Black and Purple Hair
Another subtle approach to purple locks is this discrete plum ombre. It focuses on the tips, and the color used is very dark. If you ever get tired of the look, you can chop the ends off directly and change your whole look.
24. Big Curly Purple Hairstyle
Were you blessed with huge curly hair? Try coloring it purple! This mixture of dark and light violet tones looks breathtaking against any skin color, not to mention all types of curly locks.
25. Metallic Purple French Braid
If you decided to color your hair in a metallic pastel shade, you can show it off with a classic French braid. It won’t take a lot of time to braid, but you’ll love how it turns out.
- For a multi-dimensional metallic look. Express yourself and your style with a bold hair color
- Head-turning radiance and anti-fading effect for permanent hair dye that lasts. Hair color lasts up to your next,...
- Formulated with metallic-shine booster for cool, shimmering tones. The after treatment protects your hair starting right...
26. Short Purple Hair
So, you recently got a pixie undercut. Why not make it even more memorable? You can either dye all of your hair in this spectacular plum shade or color just the top and leave the undercut natural.
27. Red Purple Hair
This dark shade of magenta is, without a doubt, a glam approach to purple locks. It’s yet another option for rebellious ladies that want to show their wild side while keeping up with the latest hair trends.
28. Pink and Purple Double Dutch Braids
Regardless if you colored all of your hair purple or went for a half and half combo like the one in this image, double Dutch braids are a must.
This is an excellent styling idea if you have long and straight hair, and it’s not as overused as other braid styles.
29. A-Line Bob in Purple
Generally, purple looks great on any type of hair or cut. But we wanted to include a few examples of purple on specific haircuts so you can see how the results look.
30. Silver Blonde and Purple Hair
This funky look can be obtained in two main ways: either by getting purple lowlights or by getting extensions.
We recommend the second option if you’re not 100% sure you want to have permanent purple. It looks fabulous either way!
- Ultimate Guide to the Vixen Sew In: Everything You Need to Know
- Love Your Silver Hair, and Color It Bolder!
- 50 Black Cherry Hair Color Ideas for the Sweet & Sour
31. Half Up Half Down Purple Hairstyle
Another cool styling tip for purple locks is the ever-fashionable half up half down look. One of the best parts about this hairstyle is that it works for all hair textures, as long as the locks are at least shoulder-length.
32. Purple Red Hair
You can give your dark purple hair a red tint to warm it up a bit. In most cases, purple gives off a cool sensation due to the cold nature of the color. However, by adding some red tones, you can warm up the entire look.
33. Purple Braided Ponytail
If you have long braids, a high ponytail is always a wonderful way to style them. Not only does it look superb, but it’s also a practical approach to super long braids. They won’t get in your eyes and you’ll look astounding!
34. Brown and Purple Hair
Natural roots have become more and more popular in the last years. This is good news on several levels, starting with long-term hair color maintenance.
35. Purple Mohawk
This might not be your everyday look for popping up at a corporate job, but it’s definitely an idea for our punk girls out there.
The contrast between the dark shaved roots and the bright lavender mohawk will keep heads turning wherever you go.
- Semi Permanent Conditioning Hair Dye: Pull off whimsical purple plum sweetness with Punky Colour Plum hair dye! Stand...
- Non-Damaging & Conditions Hair: Achieve vibrant color and condition as it transforms! No need to add peroxide so this...
- Long-Lasting & Vibrant Hair Color: With color-enhancing Keratin Complex for a more lasting intense, vivid color. It...
36. Pink and Purple Faux Hawk
If you’re not up for a genuine mohawk, you can always have fun with faux hawks. If you have two hair colors, you can accentuate each with such a hairstyle. In this case, the purple roots stand out against the pink top.
37. Deep Purple Hair
This is one of the closest shades to black you can get from purple. A deep plum tone like this is just enough to spice up your natural hair color while keeping an appropriate appearance for all occasions.
38. Bright Purple Hair
If you’re not constrained by a strict job, you can go wild with bright shades of purple too. It’s great if you are a teenager or you just want to express your outgoing personality through your hair color.
39. Half Purple Half Turquoise
After you get the colors of your choice, such as the great combo above, have fun accentuating them with various braids and pigtails for fun!
40. Purple Hair Accessories
If you’re looking for accessories for your vivid hair color, we recommend going with silver or otherwise a cool metal. It will complement the cold color of your hair while allowing you to style your hair differently.
- Transform your hair color with this fashionable Amethyst Purple permanent hair dye. Smart Beauty hair coloring kits use...
- What is Smart Plex? You may have seen ‘plex’ in professional salons. Described as ‘the single most important...
- Choose with confidence. All our Smart Beauty hair color products, formulations and ingredients are sourced to meet the...
41. Braided Purple Back Crown
42. Dark Brown Hair with Purple Highlights
Another office-friendly way to wear purple hair is by adding some discrete plum highlights to your natural color. The subtle effect is best obtained when your natural hair color is black or dark brown.
43. Deep Purple Twists
With just enough hair product and patience, you can recreate purple dreadlocks without damaging your hair. These long twists are just what you need if bohemian is your middle name.
44. Purple Curly Hair
Even if your curls are not afro-textured, they still look splendid when colored in purple. To make the look even more special, experiment with different shades of purple that will blend beautifully thanks to your curls.
45. Lavender Double Fishtail Braid
Fishtails might not be the easiest braiding technique, but they look dazzling on purple locks.
Even more so, you can make your hairstyle more creative by braiding three fishtail braids and uniting them in one normal braid starting at the back of your neck.
- 30 Party Hairstyles to Look Fabulous No Matter the Occasion!
- 50 Updo Hairstyles for Weddings and the Perfect ‘I Do’
- 50 Jolly Christmas Hairstyles Fit for All Parties
46. Purple and Turquoise Braids
These loose cornrow-like French braids show how pretty the transition from bright turquoise to soft lavender if. You can add a bit of silver to the gradient so it won’t go roughly from one color to the other.
47. Purple and Green Hair
You can also try the reverse, with purple locks on top and green at the ends. In this situation, we recommend using a shade of blue to harmoniously transition from purple to turquoise.
48. Long Purple Hair
It’s not every day that you see ladies with thigh-length hair. However, imagine seeing hair so long and a rich shade of purple.
You should consider this if you’re lucky enough to have super long hair and want to change things around.
49. Indigo Dreadlocks
Gals who have dreadlocks can also try out purple for a new look. It gives their already daring hairstyle choice even more edge, and also a lovely new color.
50. Dark Violet Hair Bow
Our last but possibly cutest styling tip for purple locks is this huge hair bow. It might take longer to make than a messy bun, but you’ll adore the way it turns out in the end.
- Express yourself with intense or pastel colors. For up to 15 washes.
- Spice up your hair with electrifying hair dye colors for mind-blowing vibrancy or look pretty in pastel!
- Create your own color intensity! Mix the got2b color cream with the pastelizer to create your own shade.
So, What Is YOUR Hair Motivation?
In conclusion, there are more than enough purple hair options you can browse.
Our aim was not only to show you what various tones you can experiment with but also how your purple locks will look when styled in different ways.
Now, it’s up to you! Choose your favorite shade of purple for a memorable hairstyle and flaunt it in style. Which of these will you go for?
- Unicorn Hair Without the Salon — You’ll Have a Rainbow Shine All the Time
- Today’s Best Pink Hair Dye Choices For At Home Color
- Ultimate Guide to the Vixen Sew In: Everything You Need to Know
- Love Your Silver Hair, and Color It Bolder!
- Madison Reed Hair Dye For Home Review
- Arctic Fox Hair Dye Reviews: Is It Worth Buying?
- The 13 Best Texture Powder Picks You Need for Great Hair This Year
Last update on 2021-10-16 at 22:31 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API