What better way to celebrate the rewards of growing your hair than by trying out fun long hairstyles?
Ladies with long locks know how hard and never-ending the process of getting the hair length of their dreams really was.
As a result, going wild with braids, ponytails, buns, pigtails and more is a perfect way to start enjoying it.
Discover the long hairstyles of your dreams! Just start scrolling, it will be well worth it!
1. Long Hairstyles with Layers
A wonderful way to make your long locks more dynamic is to start cutting away. Before you freak out, just know that we’re talking about layers.
Especially if your hair is wavy or curly, layers will help you get that much-desired extra volume.
2. Mixing Braids
Braids are some of the most versatile techniques in all things hairstyles.
They can be as standard or complex as you’d like, and you can even combine braid styles.
For example, try this half up, half down hairstyle with a large, loose French braid, and classic braid in front.
3. Braided Hairstyles for Long Hair
You can also start a side braid by twisting the first half on top. Once you get to your ear, start braiding down. Add one or two clear hair ties to accentuate the side braid.
4. Fishtail Braids
One of the most beloved long hairstyles is the fishtail braid. It’s a bit more complicated than the traditional braid, but it provides gorgeous results on long hair.
5. Easy Hairstyles for Long Hair
Even though this hairstyle might look a little difficult to obtain, it’s easier than you thought.
Start with a side braid crown and unite it with the rest of your hair for a long, loose braid. Pull the second braid apart a bit for a messy and chic look.
- Style, Dry & Volumize Your Hair in One Step, Max Drying Power with 30% Less Frizz and helps reduce hair damage
- Unique Non-Detachable Oval Brush Design for Smoothing the Hair, while the round edges create volume. Designed with Nylon...
- 3 Heat/Speed Settings with Cool option for styling flexibility
6. Long Curly Hairstyles
Many of us dream of having naturally curly hair, but unfortunately, a lot of us were born with straight locks. However, you can softly style your hair to get these casual curls.
7. Boho Chic with Volume Boost Hairstyles
Take your half up, half down hairstyle to a whole new level with this creative approach.
Create two to three random braids wherever you’d like. After tying your hair halfway, tease it with a comb to get some volume and to make the look complete.
8. Swept Updos with Loose Strands
Long hairstyles with messy buns are super simple and have a major impact on your whole appearance.
In addition to glowing with effortless style, they’re easy to wear with any outfit. Just wrap your hair up and leave a few random strands loose.
9. Cute Hairstyles for Long Hair
If you don’t want to waste too much time with long hairstyles, you can get a stylish look with just a few braids. For a look like the one above, braid two thin French braids on one side and optionally curl the rest of your hair.
10. Layers with a Gold Touch
Layered and curled hair will always give off a glamorous glow. Nonetheless, styling these locks into a loose updo makes your hair look even more majestic.
Add a gold hair accessory like the one in the photo above for the perfect icing on the cake.
- ❤AUTOMATIC CURLING IRON: The latest cordless curling iron, say goodbye to the messy and tangled cable design. Without...
- ❤ANTI-TANGLED DESIGN: Unlike the curl chamber that stuck and even burn your hair, the cordless curling wand adopts the...
- ❤PERSONALIZED TEMPERATURE & TIMER SETTINGS: The automatic hair curler focuses on delivering personalized experience to...
11. Prom Hairstyles for Long Hair
If you were patient enough to grow ultra-long locks, you can have plenty of fun styling them for prom.
This twisted half up, half down hairstyle comes to life with the help of the two random braids added to the final look.
12. Elegant Half Up, Half Down Hairstyles
Wedding coming up? If you’re not a fan of complicated updos, you can always go for classy half up, half down hairstyles like this one.
What truly makes this hairstyle beautiful is the wavy or slightly curled hair, so keep that aspect in mind.
13. Messy Pigtail Braids
Selfies are food for the soul of your social media followers. If you want to show off your gorgeous features in a selfie without too much effort, go for some messy pigtail braids for picture-perfect results.
14. Two Color Long Hairstyles for Women
This two tone, long red and black hair provides a stunning contrast for your overall look. To highlight the two bold shades, go for a braided hairstyle that flatters the transition from one to another.
15. Wedding Hairstyles for Long Hair
Another one of the classy long hairstyles you can rock at your wedding (or a friend’s) is this curled side-swept ponytail.
It starts with a subtle braid on the side and gently graces one shoulder, making it one of the easiest and prettiest wedding hairstyles for long hair you can try out.
- 7-IN-1 CURLING WAND SET - 7 interchangeable wands add up to endless styling possibilities. The Parwin Pro brings you our...
- LCD DIGITAL TEMPERATURE CONTROL - Heats up to 450℉ in seconds, Negative ion conditioning technology, digital display...
- DUAL VOLTAGE and AUTO SHUT OFF - The user-friendly design features a universal, dual voltage of 110 - 240V AC that...
16. Half Double Dutch Pigtails
Double Dutch braids are becoming more and more popular among long hairstyles. You can tweak the look by stopping the braids at the back of your neck. Leave the rest as normal pigtails for a sassy approach to this hot look.
17. Long Weave Hairstyles
With the help of weaves, wigs and extensions, any girl can get the hair of their dreams. This super long, wavy, royal blue hairstyle is an excellent idea for your next makeover.
18. Classic Half Up French Braids
You can always opt for simplicity with long hairstyles. This photo shows a traditional French braid, beautifully styled half up, half down.
19. Simple Hairstyles for Long Hair
This is yet another eye candy long hairstyle that is simpler than it seems. The main part is a wide crown braid, which continues with a tousled ponytail. The extra strands in the front add major bonus points.
20. Full Bangs and Long Locks
Long hairstyles with bangs bring a sense of mystery to your overall presence. Long dark hair, in particular, looks amazing with a set of full bangs. Nevertheless, you can rock them regardless of your hair color.
No products found.
21. Twisted Braids
If you’re not up for complicated braids, you can always go for a simple two strand twist. Start from the crown of your head and twist your hair all the way down on one side.
22. Long Hairstyles for Black Women
Maintaining long hair is already challenging as it is. If it’s natural, afro-textured hair, maintenance becomes even more demanding. However, witnessing those breathtaking corkscrew curls is definitely worth it.
23. Long Straight Hairstyles
If your hair, weave, or wig is silky smooth and straight, you can opt for long hairstyles that accentuate the length even more.
For instance, this half-up, top knot is extremely flattering, not to mention that it’s among the hottest long hairstyles you can try.
24. Festival Braids
No matter if you have your favorite music festival coming up or you just want to bring out your inner bohemian girl, braids are a must.
Instead of opting for a full head of braids, casually create two on one side for some careless glam.
25. Bridal Braids and Buns
Wedding hairstyles stand out as a distinctive category owing to their uniqueness.
One bridal hairstyle you’ll remember for the rest of your marriage is this soft crown braid that ends in a curly updo.
Add some roses for extra femininity.
- 30 Party Hairstyles to Look Fabulous No Matter the Occasion!
- 50 Updo Hairstyles for Weddings and the Perfect ‘I Do’
- 50 Jolly Christmas Hairstyles Fit for All Parties
26. Long Wavy Hairstyles with Hats
Not in the mood for complex styling or you just want a cool accessory to go with your #OOTD? Hats are always the answer!
Grab your favorite one and make any outfit go from plain to purely gorgeous.
27. Medium Long Hairstyles
If you have medium to long hair, braiding in a strategic area is enough to get the look of your dreams.
In this example, you’ll see how two horizontal braids can form a lovely crown.
No need for headbands or other accessories, just a few bobby pins to secure the braids.
28. Black and Purple Wavy Ombre Hairstyles
29. Side Pull Through Braids
Pull through braids are also among the trending long hairstyles for this year and surely the next.
You’ll see most of them braided vertically from top to bottom. Be that as it may, you can get funky with this half pull through braid on the side.
30. Black Hairstyles for Long Hair
Box braids are an exceptional way for African American women to get long hairstyles that embrace your culture and roots. Get them as long as you’d like and have fun styling!
- 【Hair Material】:Pre Stretched Braiding Hair Made Of High Quality Low Temperature Flame-Retardant Synthetic...
- 【Advantages】:Long Lasting Freshness Without Skin Irritation,Very Light,Itch Free,No Tangle,No Shedding,No Chemical...
- 【Easy Install】：Professional Pre Stretched Braiding Hair,Save Much More Time To Braid And Install.Perfect For...
31. Braids and Flowers
Another way to get a fabulous fishtail braid is to incorporate it into a half up, half down hairstyle.
Use two thick strands on each side and twist them to the middle. From there, create a fishtail braid until you reach your tips.
Place a few flowers below the twists for another boho chic look.
32. Formal Hairstyles for Long Hair
As you have noticed, side braids are a usual element in numerous long hairstyles. To step up your hairstyle for a formal event, wrap the rest of your hair in a loose chignon.
33. Shaved Hairstyles with Long Hair
If you’re bold and not afraid to show it, you can explore shaved hairstyles. In this example, one half of the head is completely shaved, while the other femininely flows over one shoulder with soft waves.
34. Long Blonde Hairstyles
Similar to another one of the long hairstyles we presented, this one shines through three side braids.
While the braiding technique is similar to cornrows, the braids are a bit wider and looser than the aforementioned category.
The blonde itself is soo beautiful as well!
35. Dazzling Dreadlocks
Dreadlocks look absolutely stunning on women who are representatives of their culture. You can style them with headbands, head wraps, and silver or gold beads sprinkled throughout your hair.
- ● These Hand-made dreadlocks are made of 100% real human hair and can be washed and blow-dried like your own hair. The...
- ● The human hair locs length: 10 inches, 1B# color, 0.6 cm in diameter, 30 strands per pack, if you want a full-head...
- ● 100% Hand-made Human Hair Dreadlock Extensions. Hand-crocheted products will not be 100% the same. They are the same...
36. Half Up Ponytails with Loose Braids
Upgradew your half up ponytail with some loose French braids. One on each side and another one on top should suffice, but make sure that you pull them out a bit for that messy effect.
37. Easy Long Hairstyles
On the other hand, you can get 5-6 loose French braids all around and put them together in a ponytail.
This look is especially flattering for ladies with ombre hair, as you can nicely appreciate the contrast between the two colors.
38. Hairstyles for Long Thick Hair
If you have a full head of thick, long hair, you know that it’s a blessing and a curse at the same time.
To outline your thick locks while staying comfortable, go for this knotted and tied ponytail that makes us think of the one and only Rapunzel.
39. Half Up Flower Braided Buns
Another way to show off your ombre hair is with this cute hairstyle. The top half is twisted into a beautiful braided bun, while the rest flows freely down your back.
40. Ponytail and Cap Hairstyles
Daddy hats are back again as trending accessories for stylish urban gals. One way to sport one is with a high, messy ponytail. The loose, thin braid is a discrete yet successful touch for this lovely look.
- Adjustable waver barrel plates create different levels of waves
- Tourmaline, ceramic technology on plates for reduced frizz and massive shine
- High heat of up to 400 degree fahrenheit + auto off & dual voltage.Care & Cleaning: Spot or Wipe Clean
41. Braid and Cap Hairstyles
You can also rock your daddy hat with the braid of your choice. Fishtail, French, Dutch, or traditional are just a few examples. If you follow us on HairMotive, you already know the rule – the messier, the better.
42. Seasonal Simple Hairstyles for Long Hair
If Christmas is around the corner (or if it’s in your heart all year round), why not spread the holiday cheer through your long hairstyles?
While super simple, this hairstyle is equally effective. All you have to do is tie your hair half up, half down and add a cute red ribbon.
43. Afro-Textured Puffy Locks
If you were blessed to have natural afro hair that you have succeeded in growing, you have every reason to flaunt it fabulously.
Part your hair down the middle or to the side and let those gorgeously textured curls do the rest.
44. Braided Medium to Long Hairstyles
The waterfall braid is still all the rage, so you should try it out if you have long hair. To leave a long-lasting impression, gently curl the locks that are pulled through the braid.
45. Natural Hairstyles with Big Loose Curls
Known as a natural hair icon, singer, and songwriter SZA is the perfect example of how African-American women can wear long natural hair.
- Hair Material:100% 8A unprocessed virgin remy human hair bundles cut from young girls
- Hair Texture:Brazilian kinky straight bundles natural black,can be dyed and bleached
- Hair Feature:True to length and weight,3-4 bundles make a head,no tangle,no shedding,can be straightned or curled,last...
46. Long Hair, Short Bangs
For an interesting twist to your long hair, consider chopping off the front for some wicked bangs. Cut them about half an inch shorter for a striking combination.
47. Formal Hairstyles for Long Hair
Roses can often be found in long hairstyles that are fit for black-tie events. This one is no exception, with an intricate, twisted ponytail and three pink roses placed from top to bottom.
48. Braided Long Hairstyles
Classic double Dutch braids should be among your go-to long hairstyles if you have thick hair. Even if you have fine locks, this braided hairstyle can help them appear thicker.
49. Waterfall Braids into Traditional Braids
You can also create a waterfall braid on the side and finish it with a classic braid. It’s a lovely way to get creative with long hairstyles.
50. Classic Pigtails with Straight Hair
When in doubt about cute long hairstyles, go for old school pigtails.
What once was considered to be a childish hairstyle is now among some of the trendiest choices in the hair industry.
So go ahead and wear them with a smile!
- 50 Peekaboo Highlights Ideas You Will Love
- Brown Hair with Blonde Highlights: 55 Charming Ideas
- 50 Gorgeous Layered Haircuts for Long Hair that You Need to Try
51. Twisted Pigtail Buns
One of the perks of having long hair is that you can experiment with loads of creative hairstyles. One of them is definitely the twisted pigtails look.
Part your hair in two and twist each section into a low bun. The pigtails will be adorable!
52. Half Up French Twist Hairstyles
We all know the French twist as a highly sophisticated hairstyle destined for formal events. But what if you want a casual touch to yours?
All you have to do is wear your hair half up, half down, using the French twist technique for the top part.
53. Braids in Ponytails
Here’s another jaw-dropping idea for our girls with thick hair. Instead of wearing a regular ponytail, use a portion of your hair for a braid.
When you’re done braiding, wrap it with the rest of your hair for the final loose ponytail.
54. Heavily Braided Long Hairstyles
Speaking of braids, why not go all out with yours? You can add multiple braids to your hairstyles, even playing around with various techniques.
The photo above is just an example, but you shouldn’t hesitate to try out different braiding methods for yours.
55. Cornrows with Ponytails
Finally, we have a long hairstyle that’s just as classy as it is full of attitude. It consists of braiding your hair into 3 to 5 cornrows for the top part, as preferred.
Afterward, tie all of your hair into a bouncy, high ponytail.
- 【Safety Upgraded & Powerful Fastest Drying】-- We upgraded our hairdryer to Standrad ETL & UL approved US ALCI Safety...
- 【Innovative Durable & Low radiation Design】-- Built with dust-free fan blades, the non-removable mesh back...
- 【Quick & Easy Styling Dryer】-- Our hair dryer equipped with 3 magnetic attachments (one styling concentrator, one...
So, What Is YOUR Hair Motivation?
To put it in a nutshell, there are tons of ways to celebrate your glamorous hair.
It all comes down to how you want to express yourself through your hairstyle.
We hope that these fab long hairstyles helped you unlock your creativity.
Aside from that, let your imagination run free, and show or tell us what you came up with!
- Natural Hairstyles for Black Hair 50 Gorgeous Ideas
- 50 Peekaboo Highlights Ideas You Will Love
- Brown Hair with Blonde Highlights: 55 Charming Ideas
- 50 Gorgeous Layered Haircuts for Long Hair that You Need to Try
- 50 Short Hairstyles for Black Women: Splendid Ideas for You!
- Bring Movement & Flexibility: 50 Haircuts with Bangs for Medium Hair
- Unicorn Hair Without the Salon — You’ll Have a Rainbow Shine All the Time
Last update on 2021-10-16 at 22:31 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API