Regardless of your features, it’s always tricky to find the most flattering hairstyle for the shape of your face. Also, finding the right short cut can be even more challenging for some face shapes.
Just one example is the round face as it can be tricky finding a hairstyle that complements this all-around shape. It’s even trickier finding a short such haircut or hairstyle.
To help you with this, we have handpicked these short haircuts for round faces that are sure to inspire you and help you get the hairstyle of your dreams!
1. Cute Short Haircuts for Round Faces
Want a playful approach to your makeover? Think about getting a short haircut that makes your outgoing side shine. While it may not be the shortest on our list, this flirty long bob is perfect for girls with summer in their hearts.
2. A Line Bob Hairstyles for Round Faces
Another bob hairstyle that does a brilliant job of outlining a round face is an A line bob. Like the name suggests, this bob features an A-like angle that goes from short in the back to longer in the front. Feel free to play around with the lengths.
3. Short Haircuts for Black Women with Round Faces
This haircut is a cutie that works amazingly for African American women, but frankly for any gal, regardless of skin tone. In addition to the sweet haircut itself, you can play around with the styling, going from a side part to a middle one.
4. Long Bangs and Short Haircuts
Countless short haircuts look fantastic with long bangs. In most cases, the pixie haircut is wonderful for this combo, especially with longer bangs in the front that can be swept to the side. If you have naturally wavy hair, this is definitely an idea to keep your eyes on.
5. Pixie Haircuts for Women with Round Faces
Speaking of pixies, here is one of the classic adaptations of this endeared haircut. We will be approaching it multiple times in our list, as it truly is one of the most advantageous short haircuts for round faces.
- 1/2" Plates ideal for short hair which allows you to get close to the roots to tame flyaways
- Tourmaline Ceramic Technology Reduces frizz and adds massive shine
- High Heat up to 430 DegreeF
6. Short Haircuts for Curly Hair and Round Face
If you have short curly hair, you already know that it requires less maintenance than other hair textures. Your dynamic locks will almost always fall beautifully into place if they are in a well-made short haircut, as you can see in this pretty shot of Jessica Alba.
7. Swept Up Hairstyles
Want to bring out your wild side? Think about short haircuts for round faces with an edge. Women with straight hair can chop away their locks and sweep the rest up with some hair product. The volume and attitude will draw the eye to this magnificent short style.
8. Stacked Bob Hairstyles
We’ve talked about A-line bobs, but what about stacked ones? While the contour of this haircut is similar to the A-line bob, the stacked bob stands out through its heavy layering. The long layers will be hidden away by shorter ones that will offer an abundance of natural volume.
9. Short Haircuts for Women over 50 with Round Faces
What if you’ve reached a ripe age? There are plenty of short haircuts for round faces that can flatter you. For instance, this feathered bob does an excellent job of creating a pleasant shape, all while being completely age-appropriate.
10. Braided Boho Hairstyles
After you get your hair cut, you will certainly be pondering ideas for styling it. If yours is short to medium, you can play around with braided hairstyles. One that works for shorter strands is a messy braided crown.
- What you get: package comes with 1 piece black hair braider machine ( the batteries are not included) and 1 piece black...
- Easy to use: put 2 buns of hair into the hairpin, then release the button to clamp the hair; Turn on the switch in the...
- Multi-functional hair braider: the hair braiding tool can easily make a beautiful braided hairstyle in a few seconds as...
11. Short Layered Haircuts for Round Faces
Among the many ways you can properly complement a round face through your hairstyle is to add layers. Any type of layering, whether subtle or dramatic, can have a massive impact on your overall look, from shape to volume and more.
12. Short Hairstyles with Highlights
What about coloring your short locks? There are multiple ways you can bring your new haircut to life, from colored tips to balayage and even ombre. However, highlights are the easiest, most chic and timeless method.
13. Curly and Colorful Hairstyles
On this note, here’s how a lovely ombre job can spice up your short curly haircut. In addition to the eye candy color blend, you can also be inspired by the haircut idea for contouring your round face.
14. Short Haircuts for Thick Hair and Round Faces
Thick hair is always fun to play around with, both for haircuts and hairstyles. Ladies with round faces looking for a short cut shouldn’t shy away from short layers for their thick locks. The outcome will be flirty and fabulous.
15. Short Edgy Haircuts for Round Faces
Here’s another cool idea for enhancing your edgy side. The pixie cut itself is choppy and well-contoured on the side, but what truly draws attention to it is the styling. The edginess comes from the swept up aspect, but gently styling it to the side adds class.
- 50 Unbelievable Easy Hairstyles for School
- Keep Them Looking Lovely: 50 Heartwarming Flower Girl Hairstyles
- 50 Cool Ways to Rock Scene & Emo Hairstyles for Girls
16. Punk Hairstyles
If you’re not afraid to go all out with your hairstyle and make it a reflection of your bold personality, go for this cut! While it resembles a mohawk, the hair is left a bit longer and tossed to the side for a punk glam look.
17. Sleek Short Haircuts for Round Chubby Faces
Want to express your fine tastes through your hairstyle? One that will slim down your face and add elegance to your appearance is this inverted, chin-length bob. We recommend it for women with naturally straight hair.
18. Voluminous Inverted Bobs
If you choose an inverted bob as your base haircut, you don’t necessarily have to keep it sleek. If you tend to be an outgoing individual, don’t hesitate to tease your locks and boost your volume at the same time. We also want to point out the marvelous side bangs in this shot.
19. Short Haircuts for Fine Hair and Round Faces
After talking about thick hair, it’s natural that we would approach the opposite as well. In contrast to thick hair, fine locks may be a bit more difficult to style. Nevertheless, a haircut like the one shown hear can help you get on the right track.
20. Undercut Hairstyles
Undercut hairstyles are an awesome way of mixing creative with remarkable. You can rock an undercut in numerous ways, from a discrete 1-inch shave to a steep cut like in this photo. No matter how you choose to get yours, always wear it with confidence!
- Extremely Powerful & Whisper Quiet - This haircutting clipper kit features ultra-quiet hair clippers with...
- Ideal for Self-Cuts – This hairclipping kit is best for self-haircuts including detailing and touch-ups around the...
- 25% Smaller Design – Our new compact size provides increased comfort and cutting control. Our self-cut mens hair...
21. Vivid Colors and Choppy Cuts
This is yet another entry in which we show off two charming ideas. Firstly, the choppy bob is exceptional for women who long for a sassy haircut. After that, the turquoise ombre is wonderful for making the whole hairstyle shine.
22. Short Black Haircuts for Round Faces
Natural curls are a beautiful sight to behold, especially when they’re accentuated accordingly. If you want to make the most of your curly locks to flatter your face shape, think about chopping them at an angle.
23. Short Natural Haircuts for Round Faces
We wholeheartedly support natural hairstyles and encourage African American women to explore their plethora of options. If you’re just at the beginning of your transition, you can flaunt a TWA (Teeny Weeny Afro) marvelously.
24. Short Soft Hairstyles
Regardless if you have fine hair or you just want a soft look for your locks, this hairstyle is sure to inspire you. The chin-length hairstyle is strategically layered so the hair falls gracefully on all sides, creating an enchanting outcome.
25. Short Layers on Thick Hair
Ladies with thick hair can always rely on short layers for taking advantage of their hair texture. This short haircut has just enough of a shaggy and choppy vibe to make it memorable. All the same, it can be adapted for all sorts of occasions.
- DETANGLES HAIR: The Keranique Thickening and Texturizing Mousse will gently detangle your hair and will help restore...
- HEAT PROTECTANT: This product is multi-use, as it can also be used as a heat protectant! Run this through your hair to...
- PROVIDES BODY AND BOUNCE: Great to use while styling your hair! The ingredients are scientifically blended to maintain...
26. Very Short Haircuts
Not afraid to go super short? Then go for an extremely short haircut that can bring out the best in your personality: from your femininity to your fearless mindset. After chopping your locks, you can also take funky colors into consideration.
27. Medium Short Haircuts for Round Faces
If you’re leaning more towards a shoulder-length approach to your haircut, these vintage curls just may be your newfound love. They’re soft, loose and have a retro feel to them that simply glows with elegance.
28. Feathered Layered Hairstyles
Another way you can adorn a feathered haircut is by focusing more on the top. While our first example of feathered layering accentuated the sides, here you can see how bangs can appear even fuller with this technique.
29. Updos for Short Hair
Whenever in doubt, go for braiding! Although women with very short haircuts won’t be able to nail this specific braid, it’s a terrific idea if your hair is chin to shoulder-length. Don’t forget the hairspray so it won’t unravel!
30. Short Spiky Haircuts for Round Faces
We absolutely love how this faux hawk looks! Spiky hairstyles are always a superb option for courageous women who aren’t afraid to show off their feisty side. You’ll need a bit of time for styling, but the results will be well worth it.
- 50 Glamorous Ways To Rock Box Braids
- Red Hair Color | Spice Up Your Life with These 50 Ideas
- Goddess Braids | 55 Stunning Ideas You’ll Fall in Love With!
31. Flat Twist Hairstyles
Another natural hairstyle that looks fab on women with round faces is the flat twist. Not only is it chic and classy, but it’s also a hairstyle that will protect your natural hair as it’s growing. Talk about mixing business with pleasure!
32. Short Haircuts with Bangs for Round Faces
You can always count on bangs for being the icing on the cake for your hairstyle. Especially when it comes to round faces, the right set of bangs can contribute to the all-around slimming effect that well-thought haircuts provide.
33. Formal Hairstyles for Short Locks
Let’s say you got an A line bob and you’re planning on attending a formal event. While you could always leave your hair down and still be ravishing, wouldn’t you like to switch things up a bit? You can easily obtain this with a half up hairstyle with braided bangs.
34. Super Short Haircuts for Round Faces
Women with faces that are round and small should think about this particular haircut. It’s a magnificent example of a choppy pixie haircut, and just how stunningly it can flatter this specific face shape.
35. Razor Pixie Haircuts
Alternatively, you can combine your pixie haircut with the idea of an undercut for a rock star appearance. An asymmetrical approach to your haircut will truly make you stand out from the rest, in the coolest way possible.
- FIRM HOLD: GIOVANNI 2chic Ultra-Sleek Hair Styling Wax adds easy separation to any hair style, offering a flexible yet...
- DEFINED TEXTURE: Style hair to the max with GIOVANNI Ultra-Sleek Hair Styling Wax Simply piece this styling wax through...
- COLOR SAFE: GIOVANNI Ultra Sleek Styling Wax is 100% color-safe and nourishes hair with ingredients such as Aloe Vera,...
36. Choppy Haircut with Short Bangs
Want to level up your short haircut? Don’t be scared of experimenting with short bangs! This alluring style is perfect for artsy women or those who generally have a bohemian vibe. To top it all off, you’ll also enjoy a haircut that brings the best out of your face shape.
37. Short Haircuts for Round Faces and Thin Hair Over 50
Stacked layers is just what women with round faces and fine hair need, especially if they have reached a mature age. It’s a respectable haircut that highlights the idea of natural volume. It does so simply by getting layers in all the right angles.
38. Short Asymmetrical Haircuts for Round Faces
Asymmetrical haircuts can also be applied if your hair is a bit longer. In this example, you can admire subtle asymmetry, with one side just about an inch longer than the other. It can be rocked in any context, from work to weddings and more.
39. Braided Crowns
We also love mixing styling ideas or presenting a particular hairstyle in different ways. We have showcased two tiara braids on our list, and this is a perfect example of how you can take a bit from each for an unforgettable hairstyle.
40. Haircuts for Short Wavy Hair and Round Face
We’re back to round and small faces for this one, with an evergreen pixie that does wonders for women with this face shape and wavy hair. It also features short bangs, highlighting their beauty in a short hairstyle with wavy locks.
- This light weight aerosol adds subtle texture to fine or thin hair.
- Maintains flexibility for easy style touch-ups.
- For use in the worst conditions to resist humidity and provide fullness.
41. Side Braid Hairstyles
How sweet is this hairstyle? If you have a choppy bob, you should always remember that small side braids can have a dazzling impact. Whether you choose a French braid, fishtail braid or other styles, don’t forget that two or three bobby pins can help you keep it in place.
42. Short Bob Haircuts for Round Faces
To prove our point that bobs are fantastic for ladies with round faces, here is yet another sparkling example. The bangs are also a detail that goes a long way for the final results, particularly when gently swept to the side.
43. Tapered Haircuts
Start building the afro hairstyle of your dreams with a tapered haircut. This technique not only shapes your hair in a memorable way, but it also concentrates your volume in key areas. Plus, you’ll get a mohawk-like outcome.
44. Low Maintenance Short Haircuts for Round Faces
Does time never seem to be on your side? Look for haircuts that require as little maintenance as possible. In this regard, the short bob is your go-to option. Style it with a side or middle part and you’re ready to go!
45. Choppy Bangs Hairstyles
We’ve spoken all about choppy haircuts, but what about choppy bangs to match? Aside from the radiant hairstyle you’ll benefit from, it’s also another smart way of framing your face to enhance your natural features.
- 30 Party Hairstyles to Look Fabulous No Matter the Occasion!
- 50 Updo Hairstyles for Weddings and the Perfect ‘I Do’
- 50 Jolly Christmas Hairstyles Fit for All Parties
46. Textured Hairstyles
Add a little bit of sugar, spice and everything nice to your hairstyle through textured layering. You would be surprised to find out how much the cutting technique matter for the results you desire, especially if you’re aiming for a rugged yet classy look.
47. Short Asian-Style Haircuts
Although this entry focuses on Asian features, the hairstyle can be rocked by any kind of woman. It has a sublime sense of attitude and confidence, and is ideal for ladies with naturally straight hair. It confirms all of our claims about the power of layers too.
48. Short Shaggy Haircuts for Round Faces
Another idea for an edgy and cool hairstyle is to make your pixie shaggy. We encourage women with thick hair to consider this option, especially if they want to take a walk on the wild side.
49. Bridal Hairstyles for Short Hair and Round Faces
Getting ready for the most important day of your life? Put as much love into finding the hairstyle of your dreams as you do for getting your wedding dress. This bridal hairstyle will definitely inspire you if you have short hair or are planning on getting your hair cut.
50. Respectable Haircuts for Mature Women
To top off our short haircuts for round faces, we’ll leave you with a final example of a hairstyle for older women. It has everything you could want from a short haircut at a later age, from a low maintenance shape to light and wispy bangs.
- Leave Hair Soft And Silky
- Gives hair long last lasting body
- Offers 24hour control and humidity resistance
So, What Is YOUR Hair Motivation?
In summary, the hairstyle you have been longing to find isn’t as far away as you’d think. Although a picture-perfect version requires time and effort for research, we believe that at least one of these short haircuts for round faces will help point you in the right direction.
Also, make sure that your final choice is aligned with your personality, not just your facial features. After your haircut, drop by and tell us all about it in the comments!
- 50 Glamorous Ways To Rock Box BraidsClassy, versatile, sexy, and chic all at the same time, box braids are one of the most popular options for […]
- Red Hair Color | Spice Up Your Life with These 50 IdeasWe couldn’t be more excited to get into one of the most daring shades you can try out for your […]
- 50 Unbelievable Easy Hairstyles for SchoolWe know just how important it is to stay within this timeline, which is why we made a list of […]
- Goddess Braids | 55 Stunning Ideas You’ll Fall in Love With!In addition to box braids and cornrows, goddess braids are some of the loveliest traditional braided hairstyles for black women. […]
- Gray Hair Ideas You’ll Love + 50 Shades & HairstylesA few years ago, we probably wouldn’t have thought that gray hair would become a major trend. But this seems […]
Last update on 2021-10-16 at 22:31 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API