Short hair, don’t care! Brides can look brilliant on their wedding day even if they don’t have long locks.
In fact, there are some wedding hairstyles for short hair that even outshine those for waist-length strands.
Get ready to put your creativity to the test by using smart accessories, volume tricks and more through the examples we have prepared below!
1. Wedding Hairstyles for Short Hair Updos
Updos may seem like an impossible task to achieve with short hair. However, the secret is in the technique.
Work with your short locks by wrapping them over each other on all sides and using plenty of pins to keep them in place.
2. Low Buns
If you can’t seem to get a hang of updos due to the length of your hair, you can always play around with low buns.
They’re far easier to achieve for women with shorter hair, and they also serve as chic and tasteful wedding hairstyles.
3. Wedding Hairstyles with Bangs
Regardless if you have arched, short, or side-swept bangs, you should make the most of them with your wedding hairstyles for short hair.
If you fall under this category, we recommend a bridal hairstyle that accentuates your bangs, such as this updo.
4. Alluring Hairstyles
If you want to emphasize your sensuality on the big day, go for a romantic hairstyle.
You can combine elements from high or low updos, gently sweeping your hair into place. Retro accents will always make your hairdo shine.
5. Half Up Half Down Wedding Hairstyles
It may not be as easy to get a half up hairstyle if you have shorter hair than if it would have been long, but you can improvise. Use accessories to gather your strands and pin them at the center back part of your head.
- THE PERFECT HAIR STYLING ACCESSORY – Combining luxury, design and innovative technology, we present the first...
- CORDLESS HAIR STYLING – Take your cordless styler with you and always look your best. Featuring a silicone cover,...
- SUPERB DESIGN – With floating titanium plates, a recharge time of 2.5-3 hours and adjustable temperature between...
6. Loose Wedding Hairstyles for Short Hair
You genuinely can never go wrong with a loose hairstyle for fancy events. As the bride, you can accentuate your feminine side with a loose updo. Don’t hesitate to leave a few strands loose in the front for a charming effect.
7. Pixie Hairstyles
You may think that styling is extremely limited if you have a pixie cut, but accessories are here to save the day.
Women with pixie hairstyles can look into cute additions like headbands to brighten up their look on their wedding day.
8. Faux Hawks with Low Buns
If you feel that a low bun isn’t spectacular enough for your bridal appearance, you can mix it with another hairstyle.
For example, you can start off with a loose faux hawk and work your way down to a low bun at the back of your neck.
9. Casual Wedding Hairstyles for Short Hair
You don’t always have to get complicated with wedding hairstyles for short hair.
Sometimes, a few loose curls are more than enough to complement bridal jewelry, makeup, and gowns.
This way, you can focus on your lovely facial features.
10. Side Swept Short Wedding Hairstyles
Side-swept hairstyles will always be symbolic for femininity. Even if you have shorter hair, you can use pins for holding it in place on the side. Using a rolling technique will also help for getting the outcome you desire.
- Hydrating hair dryer with oscillating quick dry nozzle: Innovative, back-and-forth moving nozzle dries hair quickly and...
- Salon-quality styling every day: Style Hair easily in the comfort of home, with professional-level results; But it's so...
- Nozzle prevents damage to hair and scalp: Oscillating head makes sure that your hair and scalp stay healthy by never...
11. Short Hairstyles for Wedding Guest
What if you’re not the bride, but one of her good friends?
In such cases, it’s best to go for a classy yet simple hairstyle, so you won’t take away the bride’s shine on her big day.
You can delicately comb your hair to the side and use a cute hair pin.
12. Middle Part Wedding Hairstyles
If you generally wear your hair with a part down the middle, you can incorporate this detail into your bridal hairstyle.
After parting your locks, we recommend wrapping them in a small low bun and leaving a few around your face in the front.
13. Headband Hairstyles
As opposed to the ornate headband in our pixie hairstyle example, the one in this photo stands out through simplicity.
Thin and bejeweled, the headband Jennifer Lawrence is wearing in this shot is perfect for wedding hairstyles for short hair.
14. Side-Pinned Short Wedding Hairstyles
On the other hand, you can decide on highlighting a side of your hairstyle. You can start out by searching for a hairpin or hairpiece that flatters your wedding gown. Afterwards, choose which side you want to pin it on.
15. Bob Wedding Hairstyles for Short Hair
If you have a bob haircut, especially an angled and stacked one, you may find difficulty in trying out updo hairstyles.
Nevertheless, bobby pins save the day once again. Use two or three to pin back a few strands for a pretty faux updo.
- CHANGE YOUR MIND, CHANGE YOUR ’DO - Create tight ringlets, long-lasting curls or tousled beachy waves with the one...
- THICK AND COARSE HAIR LOVES TITANIUM - Our 5 piece curling wand set is made of 100% titanium that generates super-fast...
- FEATURES OF THE WAND - Our hair iron curler is featured with a precise digital interface and control for accurate...
16. Swept Back Updos
All the same, you can use a curling iron to obtain the dynamic effect of a voluminous swept-back hairstyle.
17. Wedding Hairstyles for Short Hair with Veil
We couldn’t forget about wedding hairstyles with veils. It is your wedding day after all, isn’t it?
Well, we couldn’t encourage you more to leave your hair down or half up for the best results. Your veil will fall into place flawlessly!
18. Boho Bridal Hairstyles
What if you’re planning a nature-themed wedding outdoors?
It would be more than appropriate to put together a bohemian look to go with the atmosphere of the event.
In addition to vintage wedding gowns, you should also think about boho hairstyles with flowers.
19. 50s Wedding Hairstyles for Short Hair
Scarlett Johansson proves in this photo that 50s-inspired hairdos will never go out of fashion.
You can use this photo as a reference if you want to give your bridal look a retro vibe. Focus on the gentle curls and side-pinned aspects of the hairstyle.
20. Short Chignon Hairstyles
Chignon hairstyles come in all shapes and sizes, from classic examples to modern adaptations. If you want to get the best of both worlds, mix a bit from both and add a tiara at the back for a picture-perfect finish.
- 50 Peekaboo Highlights Ideas You Will Love
- Brown Hair with Blonde Highlights: 55 Charming Ideas
- 50 Gorgeous Layered Haircuts for Long Hair that You Need to Try
21. Bridesmaid Hairstyles
Some of the most popular wedding hairstyles for bridesmaids with short hair involve loose braids.
Considering the length of your hair, you won’t be able to venture into complex braiding techniques. However, you can try out a half upside braid.
22. Teased Wedding Hairstyles for Short Hair
Without a doubt, teasing is one of the most effective styling techniques for achieving more volume in your hair.
If you decide on going for a half up half down or updo hairstyle for your wedding, use a comb to carefully tease the top for more volume.
23. Short Wedding Hairstyles for African American Women
How beautiful can halo braids be? For a bride with short to medium-length hair, we honestly believe a crown braid is one of the most feminine hairstyles out there.
We recommend this bridal hairstyle for all women, regardless of their complexion.
24. Swirled Hairstyles
If you can’t get the detailed hairstyle of your dreams due to your hair length, you can use your imagination to make the most of what you have.
For example, you can curl the ends of your strands and pin them in swirls for an eye-catching wedding hairstyle.
25. Slicked Back Wedding Hairstyles
Here’s another gorgeous ideas for our brides with pixie haircuts. If you feel that sweeping back your hair doesn’t accurately represent your personality, you can try slicking it back.
Make sure you slick and comb down the sides and back well.
- Curl & straighten hair with the dual use BaBylissPRO Nano Titanium Prima 3000 featuring IonMultiplier Technology &...
- This flat iron heats up instantly & holds a consistent temperature while millions of ions deliver shiny hair.
- Perfect for all hair types, use the Prima to straighten and smooth OR to create loose beachy waves.
26. Bouffant Wedding Hairstyles for Short Hair
Ever since the peak of retro fashion, bouffant hairstyles have been a favorite for women worldwide.
If volume is your main hairstyle objective, don’t hesitate to do research on bouffant bridal hairstyles. They also work wonderfully well with veils.
27. Wedding Hairstyles for Short Hair with Side Bun
For some women, getting a flattering wedding hairstyle is as easy as styling their locks to the side.
Instead of tying your bun at your nape, you bring it all to the side you feel it looks best on.
We especially recommend this method for women with side-parted hair.
28. Intricate Headband Hairstyles
To prove how impactful the right accessories can be for hairstyles, here’s a jaw-dropping example.
You can find headbands that contain your favorite details and use it as the center point of your hairstyle.
Better yet, you can create one from scratch to match your dress.
29. Simple Short Wedding Hairstyles
Alternatively, go for a simple yet mesmerizing look for your wedding.
This is the ideal hairstyle for women with significantly short hair, or those who aren’t interested in fancy updos.
Yet again, the metallic headband saves the day for a marvelous hairstyle.
30. Edgy Wedding Hairstyles for Short Hair
What if you’re a woman with a strong sense of adventure? It’s your day, so go ahead and express yourself to the fullest through your appearance.
You can add some edge to your wedding hairstyle by mixing in braided or faux hawk elements.
- 【Brushless Motor + Aircraft Turbine Engine Modeling】 -- The hair dryer is equipped with a self-developed unique...
- 【Balanced Handle + Sinking-Mode Inlet Design】 - We build the motor into the handle to meet the ergonomic design that...
- 【Constant temperature hair care system】-- Built-in microprocessor and temperature sensor, the air outlet temperature...
31. Wedding Hairstyles with Birdcage Veil
While most women go for long veils in the back, some love the timeless beauty of birdcage veils.
If you decide on getting this model, you should think about leaving the rest of your hair simply styled.
In fact, you can just brush it elegantly into place and add the veil for the complete look.
32. Diagonal Braid Wedding Hairstyles
As long as your hair is shoulder-length, you can have fun with all sorts of braided hairstyles on your wedding day.
If possible, we recommend trying out unconventional braiding methods. As an example, you can experiment with braiding your hair diagonally.
33. Bridal Hairstyles with Large Curls
You can probably tell by now that retro wedding hairstyles are among the most popular these days.
For a vintage look that you won’t see everywhere, get inspired by the large curls and bold accessories in the hairstyle pictured above.
34. Wedding Hairstyles for Short Hair with Metallic Accessories
Alternatively, you can go for effortless elegance with discrete accessories. A thin, metallic tiara will work wonders for any bride, especially if they have a low updo going on. You can place it right on the outline of the updo.
35. Feather Wedding Hairstyles
Not all glamorous hair accessories in wedding hairstyles for short hair are metallic. Actually, quite a few stylish ones don’t involve any metal at all.
To support our claim, here is an example of a sophisticated hairpin with navy and white feathers.
- 1" for smoothing, curls, flips and waves
- Ceramic plates with beveled edges for styling versatility
- Digital temperature control with LCD display
36. Short Inverted Wrap Hairstyles
If you feel that you’re having a hard time getting your chignon in place, here’s a way you can trick your way into one.
Part your hair half up and take a large section from each side, bringing them together in the middle with a hair tie.
Afterward, wrap the lower part up and into the rest.
37. Vintage Wedding Hairstyles for Short Hair
Soft waves or finger waves are a definitive part of vintage hairstyles.
Keeping in mind that you have short hair, you can count on the refinement of highly loose curls to complete your look.
This way, you don’t even have to worry about your hairstyle coming apart.
38. Asymmetrical Wedding Hairstyles for Short Hair
We all know how trendy asymmetrical hairstyles have become in the past several years.
Even though they wouldn’t necessarily be regarded as classic wedding hairstyles, they do serve as the perfect foundation for ones with veils.
39. Messy Short Bridal Hairstyles
Aside from being one of the most memorable days in the lives of the bride and groom, weddings can also be a source of continuous stress.
We say that you should live a little and make your choice from messy wedding hairstyles for short hair. We promise it’ll look fabuous!
40. Half Faux Hawk Wedding Hairstyles for Short Hair
Another part we love about faux hawk hairstyles is that they don’t have to use all of your hair.
You can use just half of your locks for twisting them into a faux hawk, leaving the rest down on the back of your neck.
It’s the perfect mix of sassy and classy!
- 50 Unbelievably Easy Hairstyles for School to Save Time
- Keep Them Looking Lovely: 50 Heartwarming Flower Girl Hairstyles
- 50 Cool Ways to Rock Scene & Emo Hairstyles for Girls
41. Flower Crown Wedding Hairstyles
To prove our point about the natural beauty of boho wedding hairstyles, here’s an example that will definitely win your heart over.
The hairstyle involves nothing more and nothing less than a flower crown – the ultimate bohemian hair accessory.
42. Ruffled Wedding Hairstyles
Pixie gals, here is another inspiring example for your bridal hairstyle. Skip the pins and accessories and focus on styling only your locks.
Try a ruffled technique using your fingers and add hairspray to keep your feisty strands in place.
43. Back Crown Bridal Hairstyles
What if you want a crown braid that doesn’t result in having a halo shape around your head?
Rest assured that the back crown braid is just what you need. It can easily take the place of a chignon or low updo, adding grace to your hairstyle.
44. Pin Up Wedding Hairstyles for Short Hair
Rockabilly and pin-up hairstyles will certainly make the bride a sight for sore eyes.
To get a signature pin-up wedding hairstyle, you should think about using victory rolls on the top part or sides. We guarantee you’ll look radiant!
45. Peekaboo Wedding Hairstyles
Nowadays, peekaboo highlights can be found everywhere.
If you have a hair color underneath that is different from your top coat, you may want to have a bridal hairstyle that shows off the contrast. A chignon will do the trick.
- 1 ¼” – ¾” Tapered Barrel: Creates shiny, long-lasting tousled waves
- Digital T3 SinglePass Technology: Ensures even, consistent heat and fast, healthy styling
- Custom Blend Ceramic Barrel: Custom blend ceramic surface glides smoothly to create a frizz-free shiny finish that lasts
46. Full Wedding Updos
Even though it’s challenging to get a full updo with shorter hair, it is doable.
- Firstly, you have to ensure that your hair is at least half-neck length to be able to style it upwards.
- Secondly, you should think about working with a professional stylist for the best outcome.
47. Half Up Braided Wedding Hairstyles for Short Hair
Want to make your half up wedding hairstyle stand out? Repeat after us: b-r-a-i-d-s.
Use the two sections of hair that you’ll connect in the middle and create a braid for each. Three-strand braids and fishtail braids work best.
48. Natural Wedding Hairstyles for Short Hair
If you rock natural hair, show off your gorgeous curls on your wedding day.
You can make them pop by picking an accessory and strategically placing it in your hair. For example, the natural flowers in this hairstyle are simply perfect.
49. Side Twisted Bridal Hairstyles
Are braids not an option, due to the length of your locks? No matter – you can use twisting as your go-to styling technique. All you have to do is choose the strands you want to work with and tightly twist and pin them in place.
50. Statement Wedding Hairstyles
Last but certainly not least, we want to leave you with inspiration for outgoing wedding hairstyles for short hair.
You can always make up for the lack of length with a statement accessory, like an oversized flower to go with your gown.
- Healthy Waves: The innovative center “slot” design features floating plates that gently heat without compressing the...
- Featuring: Heated tourmaline plates produce negatively charged ions that create soft shiny waves, Adjustable heat...
- Lasting Waves: The unique design is optimized for waving, compared to curling irons and flat irons that are designed for...
So, What Is YOUR Hair Motivation?
In summary, you can have a blast trying out all of these wedding hairstyles for short hair.
We believe that the experience itself will help you use your imagination to find the perfect accessories or faux updos to complement your style.
Make sure you let us know what short bridal hairstyle you chose for your wedding day in the comments section!
- Natural Hairstyles for Black Hair 50 Gorgeous Ideas
- 50 Peekaboo Highlights Ideas You Will Love
- Brown Hair with Blonde Highlights: 55 Charming Ideas
- 50 Gorgeous Layered Haircuts for Long Hair that You Need to Try
- 50 Short Hairstyles for Black Women: Splendid Ideas for You!
- Bring Movement & Flexibility: 50 Haircuts with Bangs for Medium Hair
- Unicorn Hair Without the Salon — You’ll Have a Rainbow Shine All the Time
Last update on 2021-10-16 at 22:31 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API