Weaves, extensions, and sew in hairstyles, in general, can be a smart and stylish step in your natural hair growth process. To put it in a nutshell, a sew-in allows you to cover your own hair as it grows naturally.
As opposed to some weaves that use glue, these are literally sewn into your natural hair, causing less damage.
Embrace your natural hair transition and express your personality with any of these chic sew in hairstyles!
1. Bob Sew In Hairstyles
By far, one of the most popular weave hairstyles in the charts is the bob. No matter if it’s short and sweet or long and luscious, this haircut is a favorite among African-American women looking for stylish sew in options.
2. Casual Weave Styles
If you’re looking for a more laid back and natural look, you can opt for a sew-in with wavy hair. Although it doesn’t continue your natural hair texture entirely, it has a casual touch to it that brings it closer to your roots.
3. Short Sew In Hairstyles
We admire ladies who aren’t afraid to rock short locks. If you adore the pixie haircut as much as we do, you should use this idea for your next sew-in. You can get a layered version, like in this photo, or with a wavy or curly texture.
4. Ombre Hairstyles
If you’re the kind of woman who loves showing off different colors in her hair, ombre styles are just what you need. You can start your ombre with a tone similar to your natural hair color and continue in your favorite shade.
5. Shoulder-Length Sew In Weave Hairstyles
Looking for a hair length that’s easy to maintain, yet not too short? You can never go wrong with shoulder-length sew in hairstyles. While they provide more than enough possibilities for creative styling, they’re short enough to not become a source of stress.
- Hair Material:Brazilian Straight Hair Bundles, 100% Unprocessed Virgin Brazilian Human Hair, Cut From Young Girl...
- Hair Color:Brazilian Straight Hair Weave is Natural Color,Closure to 1B, Can be Dyed Always
- Hair Quality: Humanl Straight Hair Bundles, No shedding,No lices,Machine Double Weft, Very strong Can Be...
6. Cute Half-Up Sew In Hairstyles
Once your weave is sewn in and ready to rock, you can start thinking about pretty hairstyles to complement it. For example, half up, half down styles are so easy to do, and we have to admit that they’re adorable too.
7. Big Hair Extensions
If a natural approach is on your mind, don’t hesitate to go for a big, beautiful and curly sew-in. Not only will this type of weave come as close as possible to your natural hair, but you will also enjoy volume and bouncy curls.
8. Balayage Bobs
A coloring alternative for ladies who prefer a subtlety is balayage. While it has basically the same gradient concept of ombre, balayage stands out through a discrete transition from one color to the next.
9. Curly Sew In Hairstyles
For this example, the curls are clearly the center of attention. Although they are a bit larger and looser than natural afro-textured hair, they are radiant. In addition, they resemble the popular crochet braiding technique.
10. Loose Curls Sew-In
Wavy hair is always a joy to wear and style. Even more so, you can get it super long to expand your hairstyling options even more. It’s an appropriate sew-in choice for any environment, regardless if you’re going to college or working in an office.
11. Straight Sew In Hair
Plenty of women choose to get straight sew in hairstyles. One of the main reasons is that they can enjoy a hair texture that is completely different from their natural one. It’s ideal for experimenting with your style until you transition fully to your natural locks.
12. Asymmetrical Haircuts
It’s easy to add a bit of edge to your new hairstyle. You can obtain a funky and fresh result simply by cutting the hair asymmetrically. The most common asymmetrical haircut has a bob foundation, but feel free to try out uneven pixies or other styles too.
13. Pastel Pixies
Speaking of pixie cuts, it would have been impossible to talk about cute sew in hairstyles without showcasing them. For your sew-in, you can have fun with a retro pixie, with fantastic finger waves. The pastel pink hair color chosen is to die for too!
14. Deep Wave Sew In Hairstyles
Another superb idea for your sew-in is to get a deep wave effect in the hair. Deep waves can be rocked on short and long hair alike, so don’t hesitate to go for your favorite length. Here, you can admire a waist-length version.
15. Middle Part Sew In Hairstyles
As with any other hairdos, you can get sew in hairstyles with various parts. A timeless option is with a center part, which is also a versatile choice for all face shapes. We will also present side parts, but here is an idea you can’t go wrong with.
- 30 Party Hairstyles to Look Fabulous No Matter the Occasion!
- 50 Updo Hairstyles for Weddings and the Perfect ‘I Do’
- 50 Jolly Christmas Hairstyles Fit for All Parties
16. Hairstyles with Highlights
Take your hairstyle to the next level with a handful of sunny highlights. If you go for this idea, we recommend that you get highlights in a color that contrasts with your base tone. For example, honey highlights look amazing on jet black hair.
17. Long Sew In Hairstyles
Without a doubt, one of the main advantages of sew-ins is that you can sport extremely long hair without waiting to grow it out. If you fancy long locks, you should consider this aspect when picking the sew-in of your dreams.
18. Metallic Tone Weaves
We’re back to colors with this entry, this time with a highly eye-catching tone. If you want to make a statement through your hairstyle, you should think about flaunting a bold color. This metallic blue, for instance, is an excellent way to start.
19. Mohawk Sew In Weave Hairstyles
If you have a free spirit and you’re not afraid to express it through your sew in hairstyles, keep a mohawk option in mind. As you can see in this example, mohawks are an edgy yet chic hairstyle that will bring out your wild side in a fashionable way.
20. Thick and Messy Styles
We all long for thick hair, regardless of our real hair texture. The good news is that a sew-in allows you to enjoy thick locks. In this shot, you can see how thick and wavy hair would look when worn in a marvelously messy manner.
- 100% Kinky Straight Human Hair Lace Front wigs, Natural Color .
- MORE OPTIONS- Hair Length: 22 24 26 inch; Hair Density: 100%; Hair Color: Natural Color ; Cap Size: Medium; Cap Color:...
- The wig is 100% High Quality Kinky Straight Human Hair Bundles human hair , gives you beautiful results that looks 100%...
21. Halo Braids
If you have your eyes on styling alternatives, here’s an idea that you will surely appreciate. Halo braids have been increasing in popularity for years now, for reasons that are more than obvious. Keep this on your inspiration list for when you want to spice up your sew-in.
22. Black Sew In Hairstyles
Some women prefer keeping their hairstyle as natural as possible throughout their transition. In this regard, you can opt for a sew-in with the same color as your hair, whether it’s black or a deep shade of brown.
23. Versatile Sew In Hairstyles
If you love going through various hairstyles, you should get a sew-in that lets you style your hair in an abundance of ways and without damaging it. For this, we recommend a weave with curly hair for ease of maintenance and styling any day.
24. Graceful and Feminine Styles
With a hairstyle like this one, you will feel directly pulled out of a fairytale. It’s a heartwarming half-up hairstyle with a twisted tiara braid in the back. The loosely curly hair also serves as major eye candy for a delicate hairstyle.
25. Strawberry Blonde Hairstyles
We love strawberry blonde so much that we have already dedicated an entire article to tens of tones from this palette. What makes this entry so special is that it makes two of these shades, with a peach to pink color melt.
26. Side Part Sew In Hairstyles
Just like we promised, here is an example that focuses on weaves with side parts. We warmly encourage women who love tossing their locks to the side to choose this type of parting. Furthermore, it works astoundingly regardless of the texture of your sew-in.
27. Short Curly Sew In Weave Hairstyles
This category of sew in hairstyles is literally as close as you can get to the state of your natural hair upon installation. What makes this short and curly style so wonderful is that this partial sew will help you ease into your natural locks as they gradually grow.
28. Faux Bangs
If you’re not convinced that you should get your sew-in with bangs, you can create a similar effect through styling. Provided that you have a straight hair sew in, you can wrap the locks in a top knot and style the tips on your forehead to resemble bangs.
29. Undercut Weave Hairstyles
Undercut hairstyles are all the rage, especially when paired with sunny weather. If you want to push your limits and obtain an edgy hairstyle, think about rocking your sew-in with a sexy undercut or shaved side.
30. Invisible Part Sew In Weave Hairstyles
Among sew in hairstyles, there are several full head sew-in options with an invisible part aspect. You can get yours like this no matter what texture the weave is or how the hair is cut.
- 50 Peekaboo Highlights Ideas You Will Love
- Brown Hair with Blonde Highlights: 55 Charming Ideas
- 50 Gorgeous Layered Haircuts for Long Hair that You Need to Try
31. Headwrap Hairstyles
To add some tribal flavor to your hairstyle, don’t hesitate to incorporate traditional accessories. For example, you can tie your locks in a headscarf, or just in a half-up – like in this photo. In any case, a headwrap adds an impressive personal touch to any look.
32. Sew In Hairstyles with Side Bangs
Just like side parts, side bangs are lovely details for women who like wearing their hair to one side. Another advantage that side bangs present is that they will contribute to the stylish aspect of the hairdo, topped with confidence and attitude.
33. Wedding Hairstyles
No matter what formal event you have coming up, you can get inspired by this updo for your sew-in hairstyle. While we generally recommend it for brides on their wedding day, it works just as well for prom or fancy parties.
34. Long Straight Sew In Hairstyles
Now, this sew-in hairstyle is to die for, not to mention that it’s one of the top trending varieties. The super-long strands look absolutely ravishing and are a breath of fresh air for women who have short hair at the moment they installed their sew-ins.
35. 90’s Sew-In Hairstyles
Get in touch with your 90’s baby soul with this mega cute sew in style. Although the base hairstyle is long and wavy, it is adorably styled with half up pigtails that have us reliving Britney Spears’ days of glory.
36. Pigtails Styles
On this note, we want to focus a bit more on pigtails as girly sew-ins. As an alternative for the aforementioned hairstyle, you can create your pigtails fully up, with or without braids.
37. Natural Sew In Hairstyles
This is yet another spectacular example of natural sew in hairstyles. We encourage women who want to stick to their roots to explore weave ideas with curly hair. Not only are they natural-looking, but they’re also flattering for all African-American beauties.
38. Prom Sew In Hairstyles
Are you starting to panic that prom is right around the corner? You don’t need to worry, we got your back with this stunning hairstyle for your sew-in. You can take care of the hair part of your prom look in just a few minutes with this half-up, half down idea.
39. Loosely Braided Hairstyles
If you have a sew-in with straight hair, you can have endless fun with a bunch of DIY braiding ideas. Although they truly can’t compare to the unique beauty of African braiding techniques, you can still express your creativity without a care.
40. Sew In Layered Bob Hairstyles
Adding texture to your sew-in hairstyle is a piece of cake, especially, if you’re working with an esteemed stylist. Any bob hairstyle can come to life phenomenally with the help of layering. In this example, you can see how a feathered bob would look.
41. Half Up Hairstyles
Yet another remarkable half up half down hairstyle is this intricate gorge. In addition to the trendy half-up styling, it also has feed-in braiding incorporated into the style, as well as that sublime baby hair we all adore.
42. Sew In Updo Hairstyles
As far as updos for long hair are concerned, you have a wide range of dazzling ideas to play around with. If you want a sleek outcome, you can try this donut bun look with full, layered, side-swept bangs.
43. Styles with Bright Colors
Not only does it showcase vivid colors, but it levels up with two shades that are equally bold. This expert coloring job is sure to inspire any outgoing woman.
44. Sew In Ponytail Hairstyles
If you take a bit of time to research sew in hairstyles, you will soon find out that ponytails are some of the most beloved ideas. They mix classy and sassy in an extremely visually pleasing way, no matter how they’re style. Here’s a jaw-dropping example for a classic high ponytail.
45. Side Braids and Ponytails
To continue our ponytail ideas, here is how you can rock a low ponytail swept gently to the side. The icing on the cake for the whole look is the fabulous goddess braid on one side. If you have an important event coming up, you shouldn’t overlook this example.
- 50 Unbelievably Easy Hairstyles for School to Save Time
- Keep Them Looking Lovely: 50 Heartwarming Flower Girl Hairstyles
- 50 Cool Ways to Rock Scene & Emo Hairstyles for Girls
46. High Side Ponytails
If you dig the idea of high ponytails but are in love with side-swept hairstyles too, this is the look for you. Even though the base is a regular high ponytail, it is slightly twisted to the side for a super cool hairstyle that won’t go overlooked.
47. Medium-Length Hairstyles with Red Highlights
An enchanting color you can choose for your sew-in is red. Not only does it look brilliant, but it’s also one of the hottest colors for sewing in hairstyles. Don’t hesitate to explore rich shades like this intense burgundy.
48. Curly Faux Hawk Sew-Ins Hairstyles
If you’re not sure about rocking a full-fledged mohawk, you can easily get a similar look with a faux hawk. This showy hairstyle doubles as an admirable option for formal situations where you have to dress to impress.
49. Low Ponytails
Our last ponytail idea is this classic, timeless low ponytail. Not only is it very work and school appropriate, but it’s also effortless on your behalf. You can enjoy the long locks of your sew in without having them get into your face.
50. Casual Updos – Rihanna Style
What better way to conclude our list of sew-ins than with one of our favorite style icons of all? Rihanna goes to show that you can slay with any hairstyle. Also, this photo is proof that a well-styled updo can easily come across as casual or comfortable.
- [One Bundle,One Hundred Gram]Regardless of hair length, 100 grams. The width of the hair weft will vary depending on the...
- [Double Weft,More Durable]The short hair exist at the root of the hair weft for the double weft process, aiming to...
- [Slightly Knotted,Slightly Bent]Weft Hair Extensions is made from real human hair, so it inevitably has the same...
So, What Is YOUR Hair Motivation?
Among African-American women, sew in hairstyles are some of the safest methods of changing up your style while also growing out natural locks.
However, that doesn’t mean you should be any less careful. After picking your favorite hairstyle, make sure you get it installed by a praised professional. Additionally, ensure that you take care of your natural hair even more throughout the process.
Now that you know all of this, which style will you choose for your sew-in weave hairstyles?
- Natural Hairstyles for Black Hair 50 Gorgeous IdeasBlack hair is certainly the favorite of many women because it can be seen that this color gives a touch […]
- 50 Peekaboo Highlights Ideas You Will LovePeekaboo highlights will give you a unique and different style that will make you stand out from the crowd. First […]
- Brown Hair with Blonde Highlights: 55 Charming IdeasBrown hair with blonde highlights has been one of the cutest hair trends for as far back as we can […]
- 50 Gorgeous Layered Haircuts for Long Hair that You Need to TryAny time is the best time for a layered haircut. If you’re lucky enough to have a luxuriously long mane, […]
- 50 Short Hairstyles for Black Women: Splendid Ideas for You!Black hair is not always the easiest to handle as it can be both a blessing and a pain to […]
- Bring Movement & Flexibility: 50 Haircuts with Bangs for Medium HairGirls, young ladies, and women of all ages love medium haircuts with bangs, and all for very good reasons! It’s […]
- Unicorn Hair Without the Salon — You’ll Have a Rainbow Shine All the TimeAnyone who has ever colored their hair knows that it’s always worth the effort, and unicorn hair is completely worth […]
Last update on 2021-10-16 at 22:31 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API