December is undoubtedly one of the loveliest months of the year and as the saying goes, the season to be jolly!
Aside from spending the holidays with loved ones and exchanging gifts, December is also the month of parties and celebrations.
Once you’ve found the right Christmas hairstyles, show up looking and feeling fabulous at the next party or family get together! Slide or scroll and discover the best of the best!
1. Low Bun Hairstyles for Christmas Party
The low bun is the kind of hairstyle that’s appropriate for literally any occasion.
Whether you’re getting ready for the office party or just want to Netflix and chill with your bae, you can always count on a low bun for a sweet and sexy look.
2. Side-Swept Curls Style
A beautiful way to sport curls is to style your hair in a side ponytail and curl only the bottom half. You can keep the top slicked down for contrast, like in the example above.
3. Half Up Christmas Hairstyles
If you’re in the mood for leaving your hair down but still feel that you need to add some spice your look, a half up hairstyle is just what you need!
By wrapping your hair half up half down, you’ll be easily get a sophisticated look that flatters any hair length.
4. High Ponytail Hairstyles
What we love about a high ponytail is that it mixes comfort with style in the cutest way possible. It definitely should be one of your go-to Christmas hairstyles (or actually, make that year-round styles)!
5. Christmas Hairstyles for Short Hair
Above, we present the perfect solution for styling shorter locks for fancy events. Take a curling iron or round brush and create soft, vintage curls throughout your hair. Marilyn Monroe would be proud!
No products found.
6. Easy Hairstyles with Free Falling Locks
Soft curls are still one of the best styles for ladies with long locks who want to keep their hair fully down.
To avoid the ringlet effect, we recommend keeping your curls on the wavy side. Even more, you can work with just the area that frames your face for a more subtle outcome.
7. Half Up Braid Christmas Hairstyles
It’s a well-known fact that braids are a wonderful way to liven up any hairstyle. Still, to make them more festive for your Christmas holiday parties, consider experimenting with fusion braided hairstyles.
For example, you can get a mohawk French braid only on the top part of your hair, and leave the rest down.
8. Low Ponytails
Just like high ponytails, low ponytails are a super versatile, quick and easy hairstyle.
Still, if you feel like a classic low ponytail would be too casual, you can dazzle it up by wrapping your hair around a few times. After that, tie it in place with a cute piece of hair jewelry.
9. Christmas Hairstyles with Headscarfs
Nicole Richie is definitely one of the celebs you want to keep your eyes on for hair inspiration.
In this photo, you can see how see embellished her retro hairstyle with lovely polka dot scarf. Do the same and make an unforgettable impression!
10. Half Up Bun Hairstyles
If your party doesn’t come with a black tie dress code vibe, you have the liberty of playing around with semiformal hairstyles. One of them would be the half up bun, perfect for ladies who love boasting their natural curls.
- Stunning rhinestone ponytail holder is arched so it wraps around hair easily
- Elastic band is thick, making it durable and long lasting for any hair type, straight and curly or thin or thick
- Perfect for an elegant evening out, wedding hair accessories, proms, parties, holidays, or even everyday wear
11. Loose Halo Braid Hairstyles
The halo braid, often referred to as the crown braid, is a hairstyle that simply glows with bohemian beauty.
At the same time, a halo braid is also a very elegant hairstyle that would do any woman justice at a Christmas party.
12. Casual Christmas Hairstyles
Casual or semi-formal Christmas parties open up loads of new opportunities for hairstyles. For instance, you can keep everything laid back with a half up half down hairstyle that features a knot in the middle.
13. Pull Through Braid Christmas Hairstyles
The pull through braid has a charm of its own that you should make the most of! In addition to giving the bearer a mermaid-like look, the way that pull through braids are created also make the hair seem thicker.
14. Messy Updo Hairstyles for a Christmas Party
We really can’t think of a situation in which a messy updo wouldn’t work. As far as a Chritmas hairstyles for a party or spending time with your loved ones are concerned, it’s the perfect option for feeling cozy yet alluring.
15. Christmas Hairstyles with Big Loose Curls
Are you all about getting extra volume out of your hair? We have three magic words for you: big loose curls.
Regardless of how long or short your locks are, this styling technique will boost your volume without too much of a hassle.
- Ultimate Guide to the Vixen Sew In: Everything You Need to Know
- Love Your Silver Hair, and Color It Bolder!
- 50 Black Cherry Hair Color Ideas for the Sweet & Sour
16. Chignon Hairstyles
How could we not talk about the exquisite chignon? This timeless French hairstyle is widely regarded as one of the classiest hairstyles around.
It’s a very good pick for a fancier Christmas party. Arrange your hair at the nape of your neck and embellish your chignon with seasonal hair accessories.
17. Faux Hawk Hairstyles
While women with afro-textured hair look especially good with faux hawks, we honestly recommend this hairstyle to all ladies, no matter their hair type. Give yours a retro allure by shaping the bangs in a pin up fashion.
18. Low Buns with Braids
Are you looking for an original idea that doesn’t involve overdoing your appearance? Well, here is where mixtures come into play!
You can keep a low bun as the foundation, but work your way towards it through two side braids and add that extra touch to it
19. Half Up Crown Braid Christmas Hairstyles
Another way you can wear a crown braid is with your hair half up half down. To put it otherwise, you should focus on making the braid look as if it were a wreath gently placed on your head.
20. Christmas Tree Braids
This is the first really Christmas-themed hairstyle we’ll present in this article. After all, we aim to inspire you with this holiday-related hairstyles.
For starters, here is how you can braid your hair to actually look like a Christmas tree. Use red, white, and green bobby pins as “globes”.
- Make you more charming and adorable on Christmas.
- High-quality material, durable color, skin-friendly, sparkling lovely.
- Christmas element hair clips, cute, fashion and unique on any occasions.
21. Waterfall Braid Hairstyles
Whether your hair is naturally wavy or you plan on lightly curling it for the occasion, you should keep the waterfall braid in mind. Although it requires a skillful hand at braiding, the waterfall-like results are breathtaking!
22. Half Up Braided Christmas Hairstyles
On this note, here is an alternative for women who are drawn to the waterfall braid but nonetheless want something slightly different.
For this boho chic hairstyle, all you have to do is part your hair half up half down and create a thin braid around the crown of your head.
23. Hair Bow Hairstyles
Sometimes, the most inspired hairstyles come from the objects around us. Here, specifically, we’re talking Christmas presents. Let your imagination flow free and go for creative holiday hairstyles that feature hair bows.
24. Headband Hairstyles
If you have shorter hair or plan on rocking a messy updo, you can rely on headbands as accessories.
A cute headband will help keep your hair out of your face for a nuissance-free. We also recommend the idea if you want to show off your makeup.
25. Glitter Hairstyles
Themed gatherings like Christmas parties are the perfect opportunity to adorn hairstyles that you wouldn’t normally wear.
While it may not be suitable to throw glitter in your hair on a day to day basis, it’s a marvelous choice for a holiday event.
- Spray On Hair & Body Glitter Spray: This multipurpose metallic, glittery spray is lightweight and made with the finest...
- Easy Spray-in & Easy Wash-out: Simply apply sparingly for a subtle look and layer more for an intense dramatic effect....
- Safe & Non-damaging: This fun glitter spray adds a shimmery glow to your hair and body without damaging your skin, hair,...
26. Side Bun Christmas Hairstyles
If we’ve said it once, we’ve said it a thousand times: details make the whole difference in a special hairstyle.
This is why an element so seemingly insignificant like styling your bun to the side can increase your elegance levels by a mile.
27. Teased Hairstyles for Long Hair
As long as you don’t do it excessively and use the proper technique, teasing can be a lovely way to put the “wow” factor on your hairstyle.
To ensure the safety of your locks, work with a wide-toothed comb and hairspray. When backcombing, be gentle and add hairspray along the way.
28. Vintage Hairstyles
Retro hairstyles will never cease to attract admiration. Almost any such style comes with a natural dose of femininity so for your Christmas party, think about incorporating some finger waves into your hairstyle.
29. Double Braid Hairstyles
Oftentimes, two braids are better than one! We believe this idea is particularly flattering for women with long locks and highlights thanks to the way they’ll pop out through the braids.
30. Half Braided Pigtail Christmas Hairstyles
As an alternative, you can braid your hair only halfway down. To get the look, pick your favorite braiding technique.
Then separate your locks into two sections of hair, and weave two pigtails until you reach the nape of your neck. From there, tie each braid and leave the rest of your hair down.
- 50 Unbelievably Easy Hairstyles for School to Save Time
- Keep Them Looking Lovely: 50 Heartwarming Flower Girl Hairstyles
- 50 Cool Ways to Rock Scene & Emo Hairstyles for Girls
31. Hairstyles with Christmas Colors
If you’re not afraid to experiment, we encourage you to let your creativity go wild! In some cases, this could mean temporarily coloring your hair for the occasion. Who wouldn’t be impressed by this red and green style?
32. Festive Ponytail Hairstyles for Christmas
Let’s say that you adore ponytails, but you feel that one may be too casual for your Christmas party.
No worries! You can glam yours up in just a few minutes. Add a braid anywhere in your hair or use the ponytail part for a large and loose braid.
33. Floral Christmas Hairstyles
Wouldn’t it be fantastic to bring back natural elements to a season overwhelmed by sub 0 temperatures?
You can, through a floral hairstyle! After getting your updo (for example a chignon or low bun) in place, use a hairpiece with flowers – think a tiara – on top.
34. Funny Christmas Hairstyles
Let’s be honest, many company Christmas parties try to bring a humorous tone to their festivities.
In other cases, you might be the one to bring this approach to the party (a casual one). Either way, don’t be afraid to try out a funny hairstyle like this reindeer bun.
35. African Braids Hairstyles
We’re big supporters of beautiful protective hairstyles for natural hair. So get yourself a beautiful and protective style for the holidays, for example, this sweet hairstyle with a side-swept ponytail.
- 1. Hair Style: 8 Packs Loose Wave Crochet Braid Hair 20 inches.
- 2. Hair Material: Loose Wave Crochet Braiding Hair,100% Good Quality High Temperature Synthetic Fiber Hair, Texture...
- 3. Hair Featural: Specially Treated Tail, Super Soft, Can be DIY into Many Different Hair Types, No Harm to Skin,...
36. Braided Bow Updos
Yet another way you can rock a hair bow is by combining it with a braid. In fact, we think this approach makes it even more festive as the braid has a ribbon-like effect.
Bend over to create a reverse braid by starting from your nape and ending it all in a pretty hair bow on top.
37. Diagonal Braid Christmas Hairstyles
If you’re not the type that goes for classic hairstyles, you can add a funky twist to a traditional braid.
To get a better idea, take a look at the diagonal braid in the picture above. Start from one side and braid diagonally for a memorable look.
38. Half Up Bouffant Hairstyles for Christmas
Bouffant hairstyles are a must if you’re going for retro charm. If you think a vintage beehive hairstyle may be too much, you can go for a half up bouffant hairstyle. We also like the overlapping technique used above.
39. Complex Braid Hairstyles
The season of hot chocolate and knit sweaters is the ideal excuse for trying out complex braid styles. Feel free to combine various braiding styles for a hairstyle that won’t go by unnoticed!
40. Low Ponytail Christmas Hairstyles with Ribbons
If we were to pick just one hair accessory that could make any hairstyle instantly festive, that would totally be the ribbon!
Ponytails with ribbons will likely always be a trendy look, but they also go hand in hand with winter celebrations (or summer fun, or fall, or all)!
- What you get: 1 black velvet hair bow and 1 dark red velvet hair bow
- Perfect Size:The bow is about 6 inches long and has a 3.1-inch metal alligator clip attached to the back.The bow is just...
- High Quality Materials：100% hand-made hair bows with comfortable velvet ribbon. Alligator hair clips are sturdy and...
41. Candy Cane Pigtails
Here is yet another adorable idea for sticking to a Christmas party theme. Make simple pigtails look like candy canes simply by adding red and white ribbons to (or in) them. Use clear hair ties too, for extra effect.
42. Christmas Updo Hairstyles with Senegalese Twists
With a braided updo like this one, we guarantee that you’ll steal the spotlight at your Christmas party! You can also make it work if you get box braids or other African braids that can be easily styled.
43. Star-Shaped Ponytail Styles
We’ve talked about bows and candy canes, but what about using stars for your Christmas hairstyles inspiration? With a few ribbons and hair ties, and a bit of patience, you can get one of the most creative ponytails ever!
44. Ribbon Bow Christmas Hairstyles
If your hair is too silky or not thick enough to create a hair bow, you can always go a traditional bow for liven up your hairstyle.
All you need is a ribbon, preferably in a Christmas color. Afterward, simply style your hair half up half down and use the ribbon to make a bow around the hair tie.
45. Fishtail Updos
Fishtail braids will always make for impressive hairstyles. Consider using this combination if your Christmas party is particularly sumptuous.
- 30 Party Hairstyles to Look Fabulous No Matter the Occasion!
- 50 Updo Hairstyles for Weddings and the Perfect ‘I Do’
- 50 Jolly Christmas Hairstyles Fit for All Parties
46. Christmas Wreath Hairstyles
It’s amazing how a spark of creativity can lead you to simple yet mesmerizing hairstyles! No matter what texture, length, or type your hair you have, you can get a Christmas hairstyle just by adding a head-sized wreath. Secure it in place with a few pins and that’s it!
47. Boho Hairstyles for Christmas Party
If your hair is at least shoulder-length, have fun by adding a random braid here and there. Top it all off with a crown plait and look gorgeous!
48. Starry Christmas Hairstyles
Simplicity is often the secret to a successful hairstyle. For example, you can style your hair very simply but make it come to life with some inspired accessories. Throw in some gold stars and get instant Christmas mood!
49. Extravagant Christmas Hairstyles
We’re aware that this eccentric Christmas hairstyle isn’t for everyone, but we guarantee that it would help you win a costume award.
If your Christmas party involves strictly sticking to the holiday theme, this decorated tree hairstyle is likely your key to an instant win!
50. Faux Hawk with Braid Hairstyles
Last but not least, we want to leave you with a reinterpretation of the classic faux hawk.
An awesome way to glam yours up is by adding a braid on each side of the “hawk”. Allow a couple of strands to fall down around your face as the cherry on top.
- Non sticky weightless hold
- Enhances shine
- Leaves no residue
So, What Is YOUR Hair Motivation?
To sum it up, creativity is the key to obtaining the jolliest, most festive and fun (or elegant) Christmas hairstyles!
If you’re an outgoing person, don’t be afraid to venture into festive hairstyles that draw inspiration directly from this particular holiday season.
Alternatively, bring out your feminine side with a sophisticated updo or half up hairstyle.
Whichever hairstyle you choose, make sure you have fun and enjoy the holidays! And gift us with letting us know which of these festive Christmas hairstyles you went for!
- Unicorn Hair Without the Salon — You’ll Have a Rainbow Shine All the Time
- Today’s Best Pink Hair Dye Choices For At Home Color
- Ultimate Guide to the Vixen Sew In: Everything You Need to Know
- Love Your Silver Hair, and Color It Bolder!
- Madison Reed Hair Dye For Home Review
- Arctic Fox Hair Dye Reviews: Is It Worth Buying?
- The 13 Best Texture Powder Picks You Need for Great Hair This Year
Last update on 2021-10-16 at 22:31 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API